what are you building your truck to do?

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by in2nit, Apr 13, 2013.

?

What are you building your truck to do?

1. Dezert runs

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Expo

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. rock climbing

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. street queen

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. snogirl

snogirl Well-Known Member

me too :yes:

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Sippi

Sippi Well-Known Member

DD and that can tackle hunting trails and hauling the boat.

4. BirdDawg

BirdDawg '05 Super White Sport

I answered ExPo...I even have "ExPo" stickers on the Flippac. It's not quite an Overlanding vehicle yet...right now it's basically just my "All-Terrain" vehicle...built to get me out into the back country for camping and hiking and then back home safely.

5. taylorf16

taylorf16 Member

Building my DD to literally go anywhere. Doesn't have to be fast, solid axle, 35s, locked front, elocker rear, and AC. Maybe a winch down the road. Overland capable with rock crawling if need arises.
    3.4 V6, Manual trans, 35s, and 4.10 gearing... I get 18mpg average. I'm waiting to get the front locker and regear to 4.88.

6. ae111black

ae111black Moderator Moderator

Nice! I love those Flippac's!

7. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

I'm STILL THE ONLY ROCK GUY?

bahaha

8. Brendan

Brendan Well-Known Member

Be awesome
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1373888627.675130.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. Fire Sarge

Fire Sarge BOHICA

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374120411.068209.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374120437.852230.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374120508.181340.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1374120568.896772.jpg
    Just a well rounded toy and daily driver.

10. Konaborne

lol

still the only one

11. Konaborne

almost a year later and I'm still the only guy that said rocks. hhahaha
    [​IMG]

Scuzzy likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

To go where I want when I want. To get me there and get me back. Make me smile when I drive it.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@OR17TRD..... the thread resurrector.

lcarrasco212 and OR17TRD like this.
  14. fluffy287

fluffy287 New Member

I am trying to figure out what I want to do with mine right now. Do I go with the bds 6” or a 3” lift. I am going to do a straight axle swap in about a year or two. It is my DD and will stay that way. I want to make it through the rubicon or anything and also have a nice clean looking DBOR.17.

OR17TRD likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

Welcome to the forum. These trucks do well at 3”. There have been many tacos that have made the rubicon with a 3” lift. A winch and proper recovery points will be a must. Let us know what you do. Pictures are welcomed.

Bogunn likes this.
  16. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

A few years ago you could just about take a Honda Civic most of the way up. The rock stacking got a little out of hand. I heard plans of a group that was going to go through and clear it all out, haven't been back since though.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Welcome! I personally wouldn't SAS my DD. Nothing wrong with it, but if you do you'll want some sturdy sway bar disconnects, because yes, you will want a sway bar if you do it right. Lol. You pretty much won't be able to use anything from a 3 or 6 inch lift with a straight axle, so why bother?

18. fluffy287

fluffy287 New Member

Thanks for the inputs and after reading and going through a bunch I plan on getting the emu BP-51 kit, king ultimate, or the Fox ultimate kit I can’t decide I like all three and here good things on all

OR17TRD likes this.
  19. OR17TRD

Kings.

20. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

I like surprising other drivers in the mall parking lots.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  21. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Between those 3.... King 100%

OR17TRD likes this.