What does SR5 mean????

Soulges22

I have an 01 tacoma with the TRD and SR5 packages on it and I was just wondering how these make the truck different.

All TRDs include the SR5 package. I'm not sure what the SR5 package was for 1st gens but for 2nd gens it was stuff like keyless entry and intermittent wipers.

It used to mean Sport Rally 5 speed but that meaning is long gone.

Last edited:
For the 2008 SR5 Access Cab model as well as havin keyless entry and intermittent wipers.. you also got a chrome bumper and chrome around the grill

I also read somewhere that the TRD package didn't come on the 2001 2.7 L 4cyl automatic but my tacoma has the TRD racing stickers on the sides of the bed. So how can I tell if I actually have the package on my truck?

I believe they had Bilstein shocks then but I'm not sure. I would say look for a locker button but I guess it was optional on the 4 banger with the TRD package. Just run the VIN at the dealer to find out what you have.

Last edited:
Good question...means its a toyota as far as i'm concerned. Only toyota 4x4 i know of that doesn't have it is the 2nd gen tundras. I dont really think it means much anymore, maybe power options and tilt wheel or something

I just purchased a 2016 sr5 4runner and the owners manual plainly states sr5 sport rally 5 speed of course it 5 speed automatic now but the name must be reborn

Back