What Generation Tacoma do you like the best?

Show your Tacoma love for?

• 1st Generation Tacoma

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 2nd Generation Tacoma

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3rd Generation Tacoma

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I have own all 3 generations and the best of the bunch is 2017 Ted 4x4.
I have been a Toyota owner and fan since 1970!
Ted? Lol just giving you crap. I know you mean trd... But wait maybe the Ted is some bad ass edition... Hmmm [emoji848]

Ted here, lol. I've owned all 3 generations. Each have their high points. Overall I'm very happy with my 3rd gen. Comfortable, off-road is great, power feels good (manual transmission).

1 vote 3rd gen.

I have had four toyota pickups... as much as I love how my 07 taco OR is working out in the short time I have had it... I must say I miss my ‘88 4x4 with the 22RE motor. Never let me down and only got stuck ONCE!

I have had four toyota pickups... as much as I love how my 07 taco OR is working out in the short time I have had it... I must say I miss my ‘88 4x4 with the 22RE motor. Never let me down and only got stuck ONCE!

The 22RE in a 4wd was an amazing setup.

Go after market for the stereo. It's a major upgrade to be able to play DVDs too . And much better sound even with the crappy stock speakers

I had the 05 model the year before the auxiliary plug was standard. I could of done the install with wires through that little storage by the steering wheel but I’m a fan certain things looking like it’s straight from the factory and working correctly. I found a knock off around $450 and looked exactly like the factory model but better. Touchscreen,DVD,Bluetooth with hands free phone capabilities and etc. best part I loaded a picture of Toyota’s logo and set it to show every time I started the truck.

Not a viable show of hands cause no one owns all three generations for an honest comparison by same individual. Every individual have their own opinion of what they got or have owned. I have a 2010(1st and only Taco) and the 4.0 L is thirsty. Had to swap out the standard disc radio for an after market 9.5" touch screen. Not a 4-by as I don't do any OFF Roading. I would swap it for a 6 Banger though.

I've had one of every generation.
1985 pickup
2003 TRD off rd.
2011 TRD Sport
2016 TRD Sport.
I like my 2016 the best, though all have been excellent.
Nice. I did have a 1996 back in the days but not sure if they were Tacos then. I think SR5? 2-dr 4 banger standard and I loved it

Sr5 in 96 was the 3.4 5vze as standard if I am not mistaken?
Back in the The days When sr5 edition meant something

Back