What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Dude. You don't even know. They are everywhere! They cause a lot of accidents around here.

dude the wife's originally from amish country too!! ...she and I have been back up there for a few vacations to stay with her sis ter and husband...so i know what you're talkin about!!

it's gonna look awesome byrd...by the way was the skidplate already installed when u bought your truck or did u buy one

To be honest I bought one from Toyota it was $180. Once I pull the grill again to install the devil horn I'll paint the radiator black & replace the bottom clips I broke when I pulled it to color match the grill.
I might pick up the other half of the skid plate which came on TRD's off roads but the gas tank skid plate it way to expensive for all the parts from Toyota. I'm not planning on rock crawling.

Other to do list items are bilstein 5100's all around to lift front & level, BHLM, AC drain mod, maybe some new rims & 265/75/16 tires. I just paid off my Destination A/T's 245/75/16 for year round travel. Bought them in Jan for $660 with 6 month no interest. Next month would have added $50 interest. Looking at Destination M/T 265/75/16 with new rims for playing offroad.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+M/T&partnum=675QR6DESTMTOWL

Here in Kansas it's mostly mud, forest, hills & dirt. Not a lot of rock so to speak. Will be checking out Kansas Rock Park in July which is mostly hilly, forest, mud & creeks from what I can gather. Will know more soon before settling on play tires.
http://www.ksrockspark.com/

To be honest I bought one from Toyota it was $180. Once I pull the grill again to install the devil horn I'll paint the radiator black & replace the bottom clips I broke when I pulled it to color match the grill.
I might pick up the other half of the skid plate which came on TRD's off roads but the gas tank skid plate it way to expensive for all the parts from Toyota. I'm not planning on rock crawling.

Other to do list items are bilstein 5100's all around to lift front & level, BHLM, AC drain mod, maybe some new rims & 265/75/16 tires. I just paid off my Destination A/T's 245/75/16 for year round travel. Bought them in Jan for $660 with 6 month no interest. Next month would have added $50 interest. Looking at Destination M/T 265/75/16 with new rims for playing offroad.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+M/T&partnum=675QR6DESTMTOWL

Here in Kansas it's mostly mud, forest, hills & dirt. Not a lot of rock so to speak. Will be checking out Kansas Rock Park in July which is mostly hilly, forest, mud & creeks from what I can gather. Will know more soon before settling on play tires.
http://www.ksrockspark.com/

If you're on a budget check out the Hercules Trail Diggers. I'm loving mine.

If you're on a budget check out the Hercules Trail Diggers. I'm loving mine.

Yep on a budget and will do. Not pulling the trigger on another set of tires just yet, but will be looking to in the future. My current tires will last about 4~5 yrs. I had the same ones on my PreRunner. Great all around, year round tire but not sure on how they will be on a muddy trail when playing. Reason I want a 2nd set of M/T's just for playing.

well the guys just finished prepping my truck for the Del Mar Tuff Truck Event next weekend June 27-29th, so thats whats....well technically "they" did to my truck....ha ha ha

picture.php

the repaired rear end went in like butter!
picture.php

ohh so nice!!!
picture.php

and now loaded and ready to go sit in storage and waiting a whole week before i get to play with her:blink:
picture.php

well the guys just finished prepping my truck for the Del Mar Tuff Truck Event next weekend June 27-29th, so thats whats....well technically "they" did to my truck....ha ha ha

the repaired rear end went in like butter!

ohh so nice!!!

and now loaded and ready to go sit in storage and waiting a whole week before i get to play with her:blink:

Looking Good DEZERTDUCK :thumbsup: Have fun!

LUSETACO, just checked those tire out, they are cheaper than Firestone so will look into those when I'm ready to pull the trigger, thanks for the tip.

Throwing in an AFE Pro-dry S, and giving it a bath since the gas pump spilled on my truck grrrrr
Then adding the afe sticker to my beginnings of my stickerbombed bed.

Once it cools down a little, Windy 92° I'll crawl under the truck and lube the u-joints and any other zerks I find. Couldn't find my grease gun (packed away, I know) so I went to Napa and bought a new one with lube & a flex hose. Went to check out and he said the total was $23. I was like 'WHAT', that gun price was $8.68 and the hose $3.79. He said my bad I forgot to change the prices. I said and your selling it to me at the price I saw as well. $13.55 at check out. :thumbsup:

I did price one at another place for $13 & hose was $5 w/no lube. So knew it was a steal. I have busted so many places on price. Alot of times they update the computer but forget the display. I've saved a ton of money by pointing that out. :laughing:

If it was higher than that I would of dug and found my other grease gun. I boxed it when I moved and haven't gone thru all my boxes yet. Still have about 50 or so to go thru. And somewhere I have a timing light I can't use except on my Chevelle. :blink:

Alright all 5 U-joints are now lubed front driveshaft ones were the driest. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Tacoma Fan.....eventually I will. Going to work on getting my front end color matched first. Start with grill then flares, mirrors and door handles. Then while doing that decide if I want color matched bumper or armor bumper.

I won't be wheeling this truck for quite some time so I may just get color matched bumper.

Ah, who knows. I may get a hair and get fogs but they will be OEM. I have the Land Cruiser that I need to do things to also and the $ only goes so far you know? :wallbash:

Just put in a k&n cai and it works great! I highly recommend this for an acceleration hp boost as well as a great sound upgrade!!

Just put in a k&n cai and it works great! I highly recommend this for an acceleration hp boost as well as a great sound upgrade!!

Is that on a 4.0 or a 2.7?

I had a short ram K&N on my 09' civic Si and it did make throttle response much better and the V-tec sounded fantastic with it on. When it hit 8k rpm she was sucking some air. :yes::yes:

Are the oiled filters a PIA?

They can reek havoc on mass air flow sensors if too much oil is applied, but in the three I have run in vehicles I never had any issues.

Clean them every 40-50k miles and apply a light coat of oil. I never saw a sizable increas in mpg but always noticed better throttle response.

@Tacoma Fan.....eventually I will. Going to work on getting my front end color matched first. Start with grill then flares, mirrors and door handles. Then while doing that decide if I want color matched bumper or armor bumper.

I won't be wheeling this truck for quite some time so I may just get color matched bumper.

Ah, who knows. I may get a hair and get fogs but they will be OEM. I have the Land Cruiser that I need to do things to also and the $ only goes so far you know? :wallbash:

yeah..right!! without money u cant do a lot!:hammer:

Is that on a 4.0 or a 2.7?

I had a short ram K&N on my 09' civic Si and it did make throttle response much better and the V-tec sounded fantastic with it on. When it hit 8k rpm she was sucking some air. :yes::yes:

It's on a 3.4L V6, I also have a flow master 40 series delta flow muffler. All this increased airflow turned my check engine light on though. Could it be my MAF or catalytic converter?

Back