What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Well it was 4 high octane IPA's before the cut and now an ice cold coke w/jackD to sit back and admire the handy work, right now life is good in about 2 months I may have to have knee surgery, getting MRI in 2 weeks or 3

That sucks. Hopefully you don’t have to. And if you do hopefully it’s a quick recovery.

Ive had a lateral & medial minisectomy and release of the patella (floating knee cap )on my left knee making it 3/4" shorter than my right knee which after 60 years I managed to **** it up at work...
Also 6 arthroscopies to left knee no cartilage in L.k nee at all
Sounds like it’s time to replace. :(

Installed Subaru kicker tweets in the blazing heat in front of autozone parking lot. Super easy install. Bought the speakers at local Subaru, paid 102.88 went to auto zone to get the accessories remover. Then went to town. Forgive me for not taking pictures but just wanted to get it done.

Now the quality or difference between stock....remember all these posts about ect on, sprint booster, pedal commander, etc etc well I I didn’t get wow’d!!! It’s whatever, can’t tell too much difference between stock. Atleast it didn’t cost way too much or was a hard install. Just my 2 cents

Installed Subaru kicker tweets in the blazing heat in front of autozone parking lot. Super easy install. Bought the speakers at local Subaru, paid 102.88 went to auto zone to get the accessories remover. Then went to town. Forgive me for not taking pictures but just wanted to get it done.

Now the quality or difference between stock....remember all these posts about ect on, sprint booster, pedal commander, etc etc well I I didn’t get wow’d!!! It’s whatever, can’t tell too much difference between stock. Atleast it didn’t cost way too much or was a hard install. Just my 2 cents

Any vehicle will not be acoustically treated. It can make a small difference if they are **** speakers to begin with. Most speakers now are pretty decent. Only way to make it sound like it sounds better is more volume. Get some speakers that need to be amped. More volume = better sound (at least that’s what our brain thinks)

I didn’t notice much just replacing the tweeters. It wasn’t until I did the entire kicker swap that it made a big difference. It sounds great with the 6x9” in the front doors and 6 3/4” in the rear doors.

Any vehicle will not be acoustically treated. It can make a small difference if they are **** speakers to begin with. Most speakers now are pretty decent. Only way to make it sound like it sounds better is more volume. Get some speakers that need to be amped. More volume = better sound (at least that’s what our brain thinks)
The speakers in the door of the turd gen tacomas are most definitely **** speakers, the tweets seamed to be the same quality. Like @OR17TRD is saying, changing all 6 speakers makes them compliment each other.

Back