What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Closer to two yards. It wasn't quite touching the bump stops, but was very close.

That top soil was somewhat moist. Next time I do that I'll either make multiple trips, or figure out some HD springs/airbags.

Two yards of dirt looked smaller in the loader bucket than it did in the truck bed lol
I won’t put more than 1 yard in. It weighs about 1600-2000lbs depending on moisture in it. Payload on your truck is 1600 tops. You probably had 3000lbs of dirt in there haha.

I won’t put more than 1 yard in. It weighs about 1600-2000lbs depending on moisture in it. Payload on your truck is 1600 tops. You probably had 3000lbs of dirt in there haha.
Nah, it was fairly loose and fluffy. They weighed the loader empty, then with the bucket full, and it had a delta of ~1300 pounds or so.

So I just did some thinking. 2 yards of dirt should be a lot more than 1300 pounds. Sure enough, looking closer at my receipt, he only loaded 1 yard (so 1 yard was 1300 pounds).

The bad news? I apparently have more dirt to haul/spread. Fak.

So I just did some thinking. 2 yards of dirt should be a lot more than 1300 pounds. Sure enough, looking closer at my receipt, he only loaded 1 yard (so 1 yard was 1300 pounds).

The bad news? I apparently have more dirt to haul/spread. Fak.
That makes more sense. It looked like 1 yard to me when I saw it. I was thinking 2yards won’t fit and you would be sitting on the bump stops for sure. I was impressed for a minute.

That makes more sense. It looked like 1 yard to me when I saw it. I was thinking 2yards won’t fit and you would be sitting on the bump stops for sure. I was impressed for a minute.
Crappy part is that I thought I was done, and put down grass seed already. Hopefully adding another 2ish inches of dirt won't mess it up.

What job are you doing?
I've got an area in my backyard that the previous owners had a playground. They took the playground with them, and I'm finally getting around to filling it in with grass. It's about 20x15. But I needed to add top soil one, to bring up the level of the new grass to that of the existing lawn, and two, because the soil here is hard clay, and grass doesn't grow well in it.

I've got an area in my backyard that the previous owners had a playground. They took the playground with them, and I'm finally getting around to filling it in with grass. It's about 20x15. But I needed to add top soil one, to bring up the level of the new grass to that of the existing lawn, and two, because the soil here is hard clay, and grass doesn't grow well in it.
That’s fun. Good time of year to do it. Does it look like it needs to come up more to be level? You could do a thin layer on top of the seed. Maybe 1/2-1” and then top it with more seed you’ll have a 20x15 patch of fantastic grass.

Since im trading my 09 for a 2018
Im cleaning it up
Didnt realized how much junk i have been carrying with me all this time lol

That's a nice looking setup! Let us know how you like the winch when you get to use it.

I sure will ! It’s a different look than the full bumpers I’ve had in the past. With the availability to help people out now that we moved to the Beach. I’m finding lots of people stuck so I’m helping them out. Winch should be easier on my driveline then the snatch strap off my rear trailer hitch!

Whered you got it from
What about the sensors on the grill?
Im confused with the grills some are like 250 some qre 400

It depends where you get it from. There’s a lot of companies making these knockoff grills. I got mine from CaliRaisedLed for 280 to my door (took like a month to get here though)... the sensor just unscrews from the factory grill and screws right on the pro grill. I also got the the garnish that goes in front of the sensor on ebay for 50 bucks just so i wont have any problems. Some dont have problems without it.

Back