What have you done to your Tacoma today?

There has been plenty of times I’ve come out of the store carring something or come out of the house with a box and had to set it down and open the tailgate then put it in. If it had this I wouldn’t have to bend over twice and throw my back out. :confused:

My dad has had this Husky toolset/box "laying around" for a couple years now, never used it once. So I took it because I had an idea to mount a swing arm toolbox in the bed that I can access from the rear....I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but, thought I'd share anyway! Here's my result!
IMG_1960.jpgIMG_1965.jpgIMG_1967.jpg

My dad has had this Husky toolset/box "laying around" for a couple years now, never used it once. So I took it because I had an idea to mount a swing arm toolbox in the bed that I can access from the rear....I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but, thought I'd share anyway! Here's my result!
View attachment 22376View attachment 22377View attachment 22378
Nice, I bought a swing away that adverts as tonnue friendly... No dice with my cover. Woulda been nice and easy to get to.
An old DeWalt freebie manpurse full of tools secured to a carabineer clamped to a tiedown run across the bed works for now :(

Nice, I bought a swing away that adverts as tonnue friendly... No dice with my cover. Woulda been nice and easy to get to.
An old DeWalt freebie manpurse full of tools secured to a carabineer clamped to a tiedown run across the bed works for now :(

Yep. I have a toolbox full of every tool you can imagine in my truck. I’ve thought about the swing out type but I have to take it out fairly often to haul things. RenderedContent-86D586B7-3732-43E9-AE9B-5DF2672F7E09.jpg

Our Ford Edge does that.
I thought it was goofy when it first came out but it’s actually an awesome feature. We use it all the time.

R*m trucks now kinda do that, but from the ads I think you have to use the remote. If my hand is free to use the remote, WTF do I need an automatic tailgate for?

And roger on the spousal unit’s Edge hands free lift gate being useful.

Back