What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Tore the whole front end of my 95 tacoma apart, replacing front diff, cv axles, manual hub, wheel bearings, and ball joints. What a job.

On Saturday I had my front end in my garage cause I was cleaning the interior and when I was finished I started backing up into my spot and all of a sudden my engine shuts off, so I had to put it back in park and turn the key to the off position to restart the truck. Yesterday as I was driving home from school my check engine light came on, so I took it to autozone today to get it scanned and this is what came up. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1392943980.056352.jpg

Did you check your fuel cap? I know it sounds ridiculous. Just make sure it's on right. Go to a auto place and do a fuel line pressure test

I made sure that was the first thing I checked before going on to the major items. I just had the time to research this code and I might just need a new cap from what it looks like cause the seal is possibly warn out and it could be letting air into the system.

Just got a full synthetic oil change, fuel filter replacement, two step fuel injecton cleaning, rear differiential service, rear brake pads adjusted, and new front brake pads (mid grade) bought and installed. All for $280.

Just got a full synthetic oil change, fuel filter replacement, two step fuel injecton cleaning, rear differiential service, rear brake pads adjusted, and new front brake pads (mid grade) bought and installed. All for $280.

You sure you got a new fuel filter? They are in the tank and don't need to be changed from what I recall.

^^^Yup. Also their fuel injector cleaning is probably just a bottle of Chevron cleaner.

Just noticed the rear pad adjust. They are actually self adjusting as the shoes wear down.

Well mine did need adjusting, and it runs like new.... And yes, they use a two step checron cleaner and do something else to it. Somehow i didnt have fromt brake pads at all. They were completely worn down (it was my grandads before mine)

Back