What is special about this? ProRock 60

OreoCat

So, I was looking at after market Tacoma parts and found this..ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1473042606.193982.jpg
What would a $2500 axle do for the truck? Any off-road difference?

It depends what is in it. The Dana 60 has been around for 50+ years and has lots of support like ratios, heavy duty upgrades etc. It is probably better for racing due to the gazillions of parts available for it allowing lots of ratios and modifications.

If it is a locker or limited slip, and what you have now isn't, then it would be better for off road.

It is pretty much the standard rear axle for Detroit vehicles since the 1950's and is still being used today OEM.

If you kept blowing Toyota rears, the 60 would be stronger or could be made stronger. Otherwise, I don't see what it would do for you.

I just found that rear online and it doesn't come with gears. Complete axles for other vehicles from that company are about double the price of what you have there, so figure about 5k or so to actually have an axle that you can use.

It's just a bulletproof rear end.

That one probably is, for $5,000.00, it ought to be. But, the Dana 60 is in nearly every RWD and 4WD domestic truck built from the 1950's to the early 2000's and I've seen plenty of them trashed in regular production cars.

That one probably is, for $5,000.00, it ought to be. But, the Dana 60 is in nearly every RWD and 4WD domestic truck built from the 1950's to the early 2000's and I've seen plenty of them trashed in regular production cars.

Yeah Currie doesn't build junk.

Back