What percent tint u got?? Pics a plus

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by TRFKND, Jul 4, 2013.

1. TRFKND

TRFKND Well-Known Member

35% full windshield
    5% all around ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1372975457.931852.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1372978676.278857.jpg I have 35 on the windows

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Tried to match the factory smoked glass. I think it is 20%.

[​IMG]

5. Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

Not really sure what the % is on the doors and slider. I have clear ( AIR BLUE by Llumar ) on the windshield. The AIR BLUE blocks 90% of all uv rays and lowers the cabin temps by 30*

[​IMG]

6. OffroadTaco4x4

Looks like 15-20

7. Appalachian

Appalachian Member

Had mine done today(first mod). Front/Rear 5%, Sides 20%

http://[​IMG]

8. tacomalimited

tacomalimited 2018 dcsb mgm limited 4x4

I want to tint my driver/passenger windows the same as the back.I have a few light scratches on my glass though. I'm afraid tinting it would make it worse! Wish I could get the scratches out! !!:sad:

9. OffroadTaco4x4

If you wet sand your glass with 2500 it will get the scratches out but you will be there all day doing it

10. Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

@Appalachian, that looks good. I often wish I would have bought something other than black.

11. Appalachian

Appalachian Member

My car is Black and every vehicle I've owned has been Black. I've also been in the car wash/detail business for the last decade and even I get tired of constantly washing/waxing Black. Lighter colors stay cleaner longer. Don't get me wrong though, a freshly washed Black vehicle with a recent coat of wax shines like no other, it's just a lot of work. It actually took me three days to decide Black or Silver. lol

12. Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

^^ that is what aim doing tomorrow. I have been house/dog sitting for a friend all week. He has a lot of trees and it has been raining a lot. My truck looks like hell. I will be hand washing and hand waxing. It is a good thing Tacoma's are small, it only takes me about 2-3hrs and she looks good for about 2-3 hrs. :huh:

13. tacomalimited

tacomalimited 2018 dcsb mgm limited 4x4

Really? Thanx! I tried everything! Toothpaste, vinegar , clay bar, I even considered replacing the glass. I'll give that a try next!

14. OffroadTaco4x4

Yup! I learned that from my teacher in shop class at school. He was sanding the roof of a truck at a place he worked at before with a mud slinger (big DA) and it kicked off the roof and slid down the back window and scratched it up. It took him a whole day but he got almost all the scratches off. Let me know if it works good!

15. Yota4life

Yota4life Well-Known Member

35% Front windows
    25% Rear and Back ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1373131768.204059.jpg

JonRod likes this.
  16. TacoHog17

TacoHog17 Well-Known Member

50% on windshield IMG_3413.jpg

17. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

18. TacoHog17

Yours looks a lot better I can only 35% on the side.

Bogunn likes this.
  19. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

technically so can I. I choose not to.

TacoHog17 and Bogunn like this.
  20. TacoHog17

I think having that Caramel interior on dash and door panel makes it a little lighter cause that’s the first thing I see looking through the tint

21. Dardenjed

Dardenjed Member

IMG_6876.jpg

5% all the way around

Jenny and Bogunn like this.