What was your first car?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SomeDirtyCuban, Sep 7, 2018.

1. bryangreene

bryangreene Member

I’m glad you know you are lucky and are grateful, please don’t listen to the negativity here. People are jealous. Please drive safely though! You probably have some idiot friends that will encourage you to drive fast. I know I did at 12!

My first car at age 10 was a toy car.

This isn’t a picture of my car but it might as well be - same color and interior.

Cape taco likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. paughms

paughms Well-Known Member

White 1988 Mercury Topaz LS, paid $1,200 cash...forgot to change the oil, like a dummy and the engine seized. Similar to this car.
    View attachment 25803

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  4. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

1989 gmc Sonoma 2 wheel drive with a 305

5. paughms

Wish my Ranger was a stick...even with a 4 cyl, probably would have been more fun than my 3.0 Automatic.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  6. JimShep

JimShep Well-Known Member

81 Toy. First Love of Toyota's 20190512_211710.jpeg

OR17TRD, Crawdad, JRE and 5 others like this.
  7. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Shaa, I wish I would have had that as my first. :(

Cape taco, B-Man and paughms like this.
  9. JRE

JRE Member

1972 Opel GT, in orange

Have no pics, from the late 70s early 80s, but it looked pretty much like this one:

[​IMG]

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/09/21/opel-gt-values

EDIT: Interesting article ^^^^ on Hagerty. Mine was a 1900cc with the (****ty) Solex Carb. I won a Webber in a Car Ralley raffle one day, and we replaced it. Was much much better after that!
    The flip over headlghts were done with a push / pull lever next to the shifter. Once the nuts and bolts wore out, the headlights just over rotated and I had to get out each time and flip the drivers side one back about a 1/4 turn to 'level' .... LOL~

JR~

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM
  10. JimShep

Mine was a dark gray with that blue I Loved that truck! Made a forever Toyota believer out of me

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  11. Scott Wyman

My first Toyota is the one I'm driving right now.

Lil G, JRE and B-Man like this.
  12. JimShep

Right on , I have owned so many over the years and everyone of them has been awesome!

13. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Love the Opels I had 3 Mantas,
    I also put a Webber 2 barrel , 2 inch exhaust ,w/header ,konis and Vega gt wheels with br-60-13 Goodrich tires .on the 71 rally that was a cool car to drive .gold, flat black hood and black vinyl top and black limo tint .never took a picture though .:)

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    Scott Wyman, B-Man and JRE like this.
  14. Scott Wyman

Ahhhh, yeah. Mantas and Vegas were the schizzle back in the day. Everybody was dropping small block V8s in them. That's why we didnt have money to get photos developed. We spent it all on gas! ;)

JRE, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  15. Cape taco

Screenshot_2019-03-06-13-27-53~3.png I would love a 71 -72 Vega with a small block .The machine shop owner in Hyannis has a 70 Manta that is tubbed and has a blown Chevy he races ,its stupid fast ! This was not mine but it did look similar

OR17TRD, B-Man, JRE and 1 other person like this.
  16. Scott Wyman

Nice!

B-Man likes this.
  17. pauljboudreau

pauljboudreau Active Member

1980 triumph tr7

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  18. paughms

Funny how things that once annoyed us now bring a smile to think about.

B-Man, Cape taco and JRE like this.
  19. paughms

My first Toyota was a black 2008 Yaris. I don't remember having any problems with it, except getting laughed at. I also had a 2007 ZX-14 to maintain my dignity.

20. Cape taco

Just drove a Yaris in Ireland for the last 12 days 5 speed thank goodness cuz it was pretty sackless.had fun on the wrong side of the road lol and shifting lefty !

Scott Wyman, paughms and B-Man like this.
  21. Cape taco

A Cosworth Vega would be fun !

JRE, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.