What would be the first upgrade you would do to a new 2015 TRD off road?

RescueDog

I'm expecting to take delivery of my new Tacoma TRD Offroad next week (Super White)
Just wondering what should be my first step in making it awesome.

I agree with Demo, it's entirely up to your personal taste. If you're worried about expenses, just try and think practical when it comes to mods.

A set of weather tech floor liners are a great choice. They protect your interior floor, easy to clean, and look great. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416061009.345528.jpg

I agree with Demo, it's entirely up to your personal taste. If you're worried about expenses, just try and think practical when it comes to mods.

A set of weather tech floor liners are a great choice. They protect your interior floor, easy to clean, and look great. View attachment 3830

I love mine. Pull them out and hose them off. Rain guards and bug guard as well. Those were the first 3 I did first.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Keep in mind I am not a millionaire (or even close).

Just remember this. And I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us that have mods. Once the bug bites it keeps biting. It's hard to stop. Look at your truck not only as an investment etc. but as a piece of art. lol. It's all up to you. When I bought mine in 2012 I had no idea where to begin. It came with upgraded suspension so I saw the red springs and went with it. Replaced all chrome emblems with red and put FJ trail team wheels on with new general grabber AT2's.

Keep in mind I am not a millionaire (or even close).

Wheels that came with my TacoImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067077.094520.jpg

New FJ wheels and tiresImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067127.342541.jpg

Then I went and put side steps, new rear bumper, front grille and changed all the emblems from chrome to red. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067235.827356.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067248.594263.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067263.027479.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416067280.627906.jpg

And that's just the outside. I also added the TRD S/C a week after I bought it. Getting ready to add a URD CAI in a couple of weeks.

Just remember this. And I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us that have mods. Once the bug bites it keeps biting. It's hard to stop. Look at your truck not only as an investment etc. but as a piece of art. lol. It's all up to you. When I bought mine in 2012 I had no idea where to begin. It came with upgraded suspension so I saw the red springs and went with it. Replaced all chrome emblems with red and put FJ trail team wheels on with new general grabber AT2's.

What size tires are those demo man, you have a nice clean taco, 3" lift also or just a level kit?

Thanks

What size tires are those demo man, you have a nice clean taco, 3" lift also or just a level kit?

Thanks

Baja edition. 2" up front and 1 1/2 in the rear. Tires are 265x70x16. That's dirty in my eyes. But thanks man.

Great tips, Thanks! My current Tacoma stayed pretty much stock but I fear the custom bug has already bitten me before I've taken ownership of the next one. I've already ordered some Plasti-Dip.
Your truck is really nice Demo.

I think I'm gonna put some nerf bars on it first, then a bull bar. Though since I've been going camping a lot lately I've been looking at those bed tents as well.... anybody know where to get one for a reasonable price that fits a '13 Prerunner Double Cab (short bed)?

I first ordered a Snug top camper shell for the 2 Danes and St.Bernard. Then going to hit the Black Friday 20% off sale and get an icon stage 3 suspension.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416800768.821804.jpg

It depends on what you want out of it.

I put a 3 inch lift, then bought new Fuel wheels and Toyo tires for off roading. The next purchase will be a brush guard.

If you find you use you bed a lot when it is dark, here is a useful mod you might like. I found these strip LED's on superbrightLED's.com. Comes with the switch, has very sticky backing. They are $30 each. I put one on each side of the bed under the rail where the adjustable tie down cleats are. Very bright and very useful. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1418092566.856466.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1418092595.047760.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1418092703.267162.jpg

Back