What Year Toyota Tacoma Is Your Favorite?

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
What's your favorite year Toyota Tacoma and why?

I love the 2004 Double Cab. I really liked the 1.5 Gen Tacoma in general but by 2004 they had worked out all the kinks and it was the perfect size and function.

What's your favorite?

So far, I actually like the 2013 the best. I like the redesign they did with the headlights and I figure they just keep getter better and better each year!

I think the new lights came out in 2012 but I do like them. It makes it look a bit more aggressive

2012-toyota-tacoma-lead.jpg

I agree with the 2012/13 facelift. I like this look the best, but any of the 2nd gen tacomas are great to me. I'm partial to my 2011

not bashing on anyone but...im not really a fan of the new facelift...
the interior on the new ones i love over my 08 but the 05-11 front ends look way better :D

I don't have a favorite year but I definitely like the early 2nd gens look but I like some of the features that were added to the later 2nd gens.

So far, I actually like the 2013 the best. I like the redesign they did with the headlights and I figure they just keep getter better and better each year!

what was the redesign all about?

I never had any taco's coming from a gen1 tundra, but this 2020 gen3 has been superb. Hard to believe there's something better out there.

I spent a year looking at the coolest sporty 1996 SR5s on the sales lot every day it seemed
Office was down the road from the yota dealer... I looked and gazed but could not yet touch the prohibitive MSRP on those new trucks

I will say, the only thing I liked about those older trucks was nearly no electronic nanny bs, and simpler to service. Otherwise the new stuff has them beat everywhere else.

because they are different type of truck, no doubt!
midsize and NOT a compact for almost 20 years now
not really an old-school Tacoma that mostly resembles the old-school pickups

Call it what you may, but these new tacoma's are not much smaller than the first gen tundras which imo, was/is the perfect size truck. I will say these 3rd gen taco's are far, far easier to parallel park than my tundra ever was. You needed a football field to turn that thing in.

I have owned a 1987 regular cab SR5 4 X 4, a 2000 regular cab Prerunner, a 2008 double cab Prerunner, a 2016 Sport access cab, a 2008 access cab Off Road Prerunner and a 2012 access cab SR5 Prerunner. I loved something about every one of them. It is like naming your favorite child. The only bastard child in the bunch was the 2008 double cab. I loved the truck but had no use for the rear seat or the mini-bed. The 2016 was the prettiest truck but had the most problems of any I owned.

I have owned a 1987 regular cab SR5 4 X 4, a 2000 regular cab Prerunner, a 2008 double cab Prerunner, a 2016 Sport access cab, a 2008 access cab Off Road Prerunner and a 2012 access cab SR5 Prerunner. I loved something about every one of them. It is like naming your favorite child. The only bastard child in the bunch was the 2008 double cab. I loved the truck but had no use for the rear seat or the mini-bed. The 2016 was the prettiest truck but had the most problems of any I owned.
When you live long enough, you learn never ever to buy a first year model unless you like misery. I've found it takes toyota trucks about 3-4 years before a model is nearly gremlin free, and it hasn't gotten better. Imo, you'd have to be hard up for their first year 4th gen taco, or an idiot to buy one

Back