wheel bearings...

soon i shall have 3 sets of new-in-box front wheel bearings for this gen1
hopefully do not have to use any of them again anytime soon...!

freekn MSRP on those are nasty kost...

so i am curious as to about how long the expectancy on the gen2 4wd front wheel bearing might be or might not be?
2o11 taco has 84k miles onit so they maybe will be good for awhile longer but IDK

i've read they are MUCH less involved to replace than the gen1 Taco are, so that is a good1

when you rotate your tires, I always check the wheel for any excessive play in the bearing, noise, or roughness...if so, be prepared for replacing it, before it gets a lot worse.

soon i shall have 3 sets of new-in-box front wheel bearings for this gen1
hopefully do not have to use any of them again anytime soon...!

freekn MSRP on those are nasty kost...
Come-on. You should be use to it by now owning that six figure truck.

Come-on. You should be use to it by now owning that six figure truck.

right front bearing is still the original!
have had much problems with that left front one :confused:
most likely due to monkey slopShop error in replacing

when you rotate your tires, I always check the wheel for any excessive play in the bearing, noise, or roughness...if so, be prepared for replacing it, before it gets a lot worse.

the DT has been rotating them and the dealer before them on the gen2 and don't think they check that when rotating
i have read up on it and there should be a noticeable humming come from the front when they are getting roasted

the DT has been rotating them and the dealer before them on the gen2 and don't think they check that when rotating
i have read up on it and there should be a noticeable humming come from the front when they are getting roasted
Was that the same idiot that installed your tpms?

but i gotta get these gen2 rotors swapped out to possibly stoppp that shimmy in the steering wheel
so i will try to inspect wheel bearings and steering parts the best i know how as diy when i get it up high in air to walk underneath it

wheel bearing assembly for gen2
has MSRP of 232$ each
160$ with the discounted OEM parts

1706378881842.png

You can purchase the entire wheel bearing assembly. It is just a simple 4 bolts. Although, other parts need to come off first. Wheel, caliper, rotor, axle shaft nut. Takes about 1.5 hour per side as a DIYer with a floor jack and jack stands.

It is not hard work or difficult. But here again, delaying will only make things worse.

FWIW, I just did this work to my Gem2 about 2 months ago. Truck had 135,xxx miles on the OEM bearings. Parts came from NAPA for much less $$ with a 3 day delivery to my door.

1711699109860.png

Back