Wheel Spacer Installation Questions

whippersnapper02

Negative Nancy
So I installed some wheel spacers on my truck this past weekend. They are .75" aluminum spacers from Bora. I used red locktite on the stock studs to bolt the spacer onto the hub. I have always read about using red loctite on those threads. Should I have used antisieze anywhere like between the spacer and rotor? The spacer is aluminum.

The consensus is yes. Based on what I've read, and asked the jeep guys my brother wheels with. Just dont overdo it. We lube up all the metal to metal connections on the submarines at work too.

All I have is a breaker bar but I have broken bolts loose with red loctite on them. It sticks to the bolt and it can be a pain to remove. I figure using heat will make it easier to clean off.

Then scrape off all that old loctite with a emery cloth. Heating it up should aid the cause a little bit. Get as much of the old stuff as you can off or the new stuff wont bond right.

I'll probably leave it. Moisture isn't much of an issue here. I'm getting new bearings and hubs soon anyway because they have been making noise for a while.

Back