Wheel spacers

I've put 400,000 miles on two Toyotas with spacers. One had 2" the other 11/4" no problems at all! I'm sure someone on here has had problems !

Got 2" on my taco & ranger both are daily driver, almost daily (taco, ranger & beemer motorcycle). Pro - look nice, lowered center gravity( 4" wider track), & doesn't look loke the other Taco parked next to me at work.
Con - take longer to replace the brake rotors (dont replace often anyway), 12 extra lugs nuts to do the rear brakes (again how often do you replace the drums), suppose to shorten the life of the bearings & ball joints (those things doesn't last forever anyway), & lastly dirty the side of the truck.

I would have purchased wheel spacers, but apparently nobody will touch any vehicle with them on. I barely get one day off per week, so I don't have enough time to remove them and get the truck to a shop if I ever need any repairs or replacements. Everything else like air and rotations I can do myself, but again, limited time to do it. Not to mention the wife always breathing down my ass crack about the kids and other responsibilities. I told her that a truck is a man's material pride and should treat it as such; not let it turn to junk before doing anything about it. Women, right?

Wait for it...

I would have purchased wheel spacers, but apparently nobody will touch any vehicle with them on. I barely get one day off per week, so I don't have enough time to remove them and get the truck to a shop if I ever need any repairs or replacements. Everything else like air and rotations I can do myself, but again, limited time to do it. Not to mention the wife always breathing down my ass crack about the kids and other responsibilities. I told her that a truck is a man's material pride and should treat it as such; not let it turn to junk before doing anything about it. Women, right?

Wait for it...

First of all, yes a truck is a measurement of manliness. Second of all, if you live by a 4wheelParts they carry G2 spacers (not sure how they compare to SpiderTrax but they must be decent if a big chain like that carries only that brand) so if they do it they will also work on the truck. Not sure if they offer any warranty in case bearings or anything goes out but that's probably your best bet. My friend from Highschool had 2" spacers on his jeep and that thing was stupid wide. He didn't have any problems with shops... I'd at least wait till the warranty goes out on the truck and if you need work done you can always take them off and pretend you never had them haha. Toyota won't touch it if they're on. (Always blaming problems on aftermarket parts)

Make sure you get Toyota specific hub centric wheel adapters, also using the right lugs. you should be using et style lugs on the adapter and on your aftermarket wheels

Back