Wheel spacers

nauang

Hello everyone I am new to the forum as well as a new owner of a 2017 Tacoma.

First time truck owner and I wanted to ask anyone about putting a wheel spacers will it decrease the MPG?

I'm talking about just wheel spacers itself no lift or any modifications just stock adding a wheel spacers.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

-kim

There theoretically could be a slight lowering of mileage, no different then buying a different offset wheel. Wider = more wind resistance. However, I liked my stock Baja wheels and chose to add spacers rather than buy a new set of wheels. I noticed no difference. I also do not recommend the spacers unless your prepared for the upkeep. They need to be torqued monthly. I know that sounds stupid and unnecessary, but if you don't check them and they come loose, it's a disaster. Also, you MUST buy a hubcentric set. Lastly, don't go cheap. You need a good set made from 6061 or better material or the stresses off road will cause the studs to the wheels to loosen. Hope that helps.

I put 1 1/4" spacers on my 2016 TRD OR and really didn't notice a difference in gas mileage. The stance is much better and I still have the stock tires. But you'll need to re torque after off-roading. And make sure you follow what Scuzzy said, quality matters!

Back