Wheels

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Cape taco, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Does anyone have these Level 8 rims on there taco ? Discount tire has them in a 17 x8 , 0 offset for $114.00 each in bronze charcoal and black I was hoping to see a pic of a real truck with them not the website cartoon one thanx Screenshot_2018-09-18-17-04-09.png

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Those are nice

Lil G likes this.
  4. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

They look good

5. OP
    Cape taco

And the spoke is not to skinny. And on a separate note I just finished rotating my tires on the taco and I have not touched it mechanically since I bought it in January , from a dealership thzt claims to do those million so called point check up on used cars well they obviously dont check the f'king lug nuts to see if they are torqued or not ! ! !! I found at least 8 that i could have taken off with a pair of pliers WTF
    Im so pissed we been driving this thing everywhere.:mad::eek::mad:

Scott Wyman and Bogunn like this.
  6. OP
    Cape taco

They also have them in 17 x 9 w /12 mm offset .I think backspace is like 4.5 inches on both rims . $ 134.00.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

They kind of look like Volk te37 knock offs. If you just want a general ideal of what it looks like just google te37.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OP
    Cape taco

9. OP
    Cape taco

They do look like volks and less money .Too

10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s insane man. Unacceptable and can get someone killed. I’d definitely be talking to the dealership owner.

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s a good price and a great looking rim.

12. OP
    Cape taco

I do like and everyone check your rims to see if lugs are torqued.have a good day all:cool:

Bogunn and lcarrasco212 like this.
  13. OP
    Cape taco

They have them in 16 inch too

lcarrasco212 likes this.
  14. lcarrasco212

Nice find. They are looking mighty attractive. Especially at the price point and offset

Cape taco likes this.
  15. lcarrasco212

IMG_1718.jpg
    Found this one on google. They look good

Atomic Diesel and Cape taco like this.
  16. OP
    Cape taco

I like that very nice

lcarrasco212 likes this.
  17. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

It's probly overkill but when I rotate my tires I check the torque at 100 miles......500 miles.......then again at 1,000 miles.......then wait for the next rotation.

Bogunn and Cape taco like this.
  18. Brushbuster

Brushbuster New Member

Nice wheels. The first thing I do after having tires mounted or wheels rotated is check the torque on lug nuts and tire pressure. I was in a hurry once and didn't check the tire pressure after having summer tires swapped. I drove about thirty miles or so on the interstate and blew a tire because they were way under inflated. Never again.

Scott Wyman and OR17TRD like this.
  19. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Both good things to check. I do the same thing. I want to trust them... but...

Cape taco likes this.
  20. OP
    Cape taco

That's scary never blew a tire on the highway just blew one doing a 8 minute brake stand in a Rivera we were junking ! All the steel belts started to unwind off the tires it was a scream , pee your pants funny lol

B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  21. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Fun times!

Cape taco likes this.