When is the last year that the Tacoma offered manual window, locks and transmission?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Ted, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ted

Ted New Member

I have a 1st generation (99) Tacoma that is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Super durable and simple. but- it is time for a much newer Tacoma. So- what year is the newest model I can buy with manual windows, locks and transmission with either the 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Corey_Hicks

Corey_Hicks Member

I think 2015. I’ve got a 2014 single cab 4cylinder, 5 speed 4x4 with manual everything. Absolutely love my truck. Im probably wrong about the year but pretty sure it’s 2015.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. @Corey_Hicks is correct. 2015 was the last year for the second gens and the last year of the regular cab that offered manual windows and a 5 speed with a 2.7 liter.
    Access and double cabs had power windows and door locks even on the second gens IIRC. Even in the base model.

Garrick and Corey_Hicks like this.
  5. manual tacoma

manual tacoma Member

I have an 18 Manual but the rest is auto. Not sure if windows and locks are important to you. The key is still a metal key. It’s a v6 but you can get a 4 CYL too I think.

I really liked driving a 4 CYL manual when I was younger makes for a fun truck!

Bogunn likes this.
  6. Garrick

Garrick Well-Known Member

Confirmed. Mine is a ‘15 access cab, and power locks/windows were standard. If you could find a regular cab that year, they still had manual locks windows standard.

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Don’t be afraid of the power :D

8. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I couldn't stand manual locks and windows in the Ranger.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind the driver's window being manual but the other 3 windows would be a PITA...

My 94 Toy P/U had manual windows but ya don't have to lean very much to roll down the other side. Haha!

Bogunn, lcarrasco212 and OR17TRD like this.
  10. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly

Crawdad likes this.
  11. Corey_Hicks

Corey_Hicks Member

I liked my ranger but agree about the locks. Put your arm on the top of the door and it would pinch the hell out of me

Crawdad and whippersnapper02 like this.
  12. Crawdad

I know exactly what you're talking about from my buddy's old ranger. Haha

13. Corey_Hicks

Corey_Hicks Member

Trying to act cool leaning out the window talking to a girl then you get the pinch and it’s almost worse of a feeling than setting on your testicles

Crawdad and Bogunn like this.
  14. OP
    Ted

Ted New Member

Thanks to all who replied. I'm leaning toward the 2015 access cab with the manual transmission. Power window are OK, just prefer the simplicity of manual. I keep my rigs a long time and have found manual is more dependable in the long run.

OR17TRD and Crawdad like this.
  15. Crawdad

Nothing wrong with that! Toyota is the only vehicles that I've ever had power windows in. Don't trust the rest of them. Haha
    Good luck in your searches!

Bogunn likes this.