Where do you Put your phone

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Boxerdad214, Jun 20, 2016.

1. scott.c.wickham

scott.c.wickham Active Member

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Perseus2017

Perseus2017 Active Member

Funny you should ask that question. (I answered the same question in another thread.) I recently owed a Kia Soul (that I recently traded in for a 2017 Tacoma SR5) that had a unique cell phone holder that was designed to fit into the cup holder. I stuffed the cell phone holder into the cup well in my console and it works just fine, with the exception that it makes grabbing the gearshift a little awkward, but since it's an automatic, I don't do much shifting.

That having been said, you probably don't have a Kia Soul, much less that accessory, but you may be able to find a cell phone holder with a suction cup and modify itto fit into one of your cupholders in your console.

Actually, if you're willing to spend a few bucks, you could just buy that accessory from Kia parts and do what I did.

4. randomnumber

randomnumber New Member

5. Perseus2017

Yeah, but doesn't that effectively take away a vent?

6. rec2570

rec2570 Well-Known Member

That's why I like the one I have, doesn't cover a vent or occupy a cup holder. And its sturdy

7. Perseus2017

Hmmmm. Didn't know they make different kinds. I'll have to check that out. Maybe, I should get one, as I sometimes knock mine over.

8. WhiteDonkey

WhiteDonkey Member

On my built in wireless charger or in cup holder.

BeardedVooDoo and Bogunn like this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Same here since I got the iPhone 8.

WhiteDonkey likes this.
  10. jk252

jk252 Well-Known Member

Well only if i had a cd player what are we 2002

11. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I put my phone on silent and leave it the hell alone while I'm driving so I can pay attention and drive defensively (and offensively) to not get ran over by all the other jackasses playing on their phones while they're driving.

Scott Wyman, pondman, Toki and 2 others like this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    That’s why I like the Siri hands free. You really don’t even have to take your eyes off the road.

chris@NEPA and Crawdad like this.
  13. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Cortana is my girl. I'm still getting used to the truck talking to me, we don't really get along yet. Lol

Bogunn likes this.
  14. Hondo Garage Un-Holey dash Mount. Just ordered but looks very nice and functional!!

15. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Who runs windows phones? Lol
    I tried one, lack of apps isn’t even funny

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Sounds like something a Texan would do.

lcarrasco212 likes this.
  17. lcarrasco212

What is that? Lol

18. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You were insinuating that it was ignorant to get a windows phone. So I connected the dots: Ignorant= Texan.

19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Just kidding slugger. There’s nothing wrong with Texas. Keep your chin up.

OR17TRD likes this.
  20. lcarrasco212

Didn’t mean it that way lol. I just didn’t think anyone still ran windows phones. It’s a nice layout for sure, it just doesn’t have any good official apps.
    I’m good brotha haha. I don’t have feelings

OR17TRD likes this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The cartel beat the feelings out of you didn’t they. Lol

lcarrasco212 likes this.