Which one?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by David M. Cate, May 21, 2020.

1. David M. Cate

David M. Cate Active Member

Have a 2007 trd sport which is better? Blocks to lift the rear or aal,or get new rear shocks looking for 1.5-2 inches.

Crawdad likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Well, you'll need longer shops either way... But, of those two options you'll probably be happier for longer with the aal. You should look into progressive aal packs too.

tooter and kp.taco like this.
  4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Progressive add a leaf.
    I assume ur thinking Bilstein 5100s will raise the rear end?
    They wont, read the advertisement closer or post a link here

kp.taco and B-Man like this.
  5. OP
    David M. Cate

No not thinking that,just quality! You assume?

6. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

Why do you want to lift the rear? Have you lifted the front? If so, what did you install on the front? if you did spacers, then maybe blocks on the rear unless you are going to haul heavy stuff in the bed or tow a trailer, then definitely aal. Personally, I would not do a front spacer or rear blocks. They sell complete kits for lifting both front and rear. I like most of the kits since they balance both suspension and geometry.

tooter likes this.
  7. OP
    David M. Cate

8. OP
    David M. Cate

I have a 2.5 suspension lift in the front nothing done to rear of truck,I like the way it sits,just wanting some insight on what to do.

9. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

If you like the way it sits, then maybe just add a helper spring instead of lifting the rear. Or heavy duty shocks.

tooter likes this.
  10. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Yes i assume
    As ive seen tons of posts of owners thinking that 5100s lift the rear.

But yeah if ur thinking quality, use lift springs, uca, and mutileaf packs, and ur damper selection is huge.... But if u want quality first, Kings

tooter likes this.