Whirring noise coming from under back body

danrum

Saturday evening, I went out to my garage and realized some kind of whirring noise was coming from under the back end of my 2017 Tacoma 4x4 TRD 4 door with less than 900 miles on it. It sounded like a small electric motor of some type running. I had driven it that morning and had parked it a few hours before I had gone out and heard the noise.

I could not pinpoint the running sound, however I started the truck and let it run a moment and shut it down. Afterwards it was not making that whirring noise.

Any ideas? Should I be concerned and get it to my dealer? Was it possible the fuel pump still running for some reason (if it is located in the fuel tank, as I suspect)? Apprehensive and anxious about a possible defect of some kind. Thanks. Danny

Thank you my friend. I will go pull my book out again and look through it. I actually read most every page of it (500+ pages), but will just check this out. It just sort of got to me and I was headed off to work and could do nothing about it right then.

Back