Who have 2nd and 3rd gen tacos

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Kikecasilla, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kikecasilla

Kikecasilla Member

What gen do you like more the 2nd or 3rd gen tacos

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ScooterMcGavin

ScooterMcGavin Well-Known Member

I've had a 2nd gen and now 3rd gen, I love my 3rd gen but my 2nd gen didn't have the options that my 3rd gen has so it's kind of a horse apiece. There both yotas!

Bogunn likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I love my third gen, especially the options, but I like the drivetrain of the second gen.

5. 858_tacoma_guy

858_tacoma_guy Well-Known Member

I own a 2nd gen. I feel like it's more reliable and more powerful... however the third gens look amazing, especially the interior. I say 2nd gen but my answer is a bit biased.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I have a 2nd generation, and my buddy has the 3rd. I like mine better . It has more power from the stock motor, and it doesn't shift as much on the freeways. His will drive you crazy shifting as much as it does.

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. It’s something you have to get used to. Toyota made the shift points stupidly low for fuel economy.
    There make aftermarket devices to change the shift points like the Shift Sense Pro that are pretty effective. IMG_0332.JPG
    You can see where the stock settings are on the graph.

858_tacoma_guy likes this.