Why did you buy a Tacoma?

Mattnatti

TEQ HED
With all of the choices of trucks out there, what were your deciding factors when buying your Tacoma?

I will kick it off.........

I located underground utilities for a couple of years and my company truck was a 2006 regular cab, five lug, 2.4L Tacoma. I usually carried 1500# in the covered bed and we all ( fleet of about 100 in this district ) ran the guts out of out truckS. Idle all day, cheap gas, hard shifts etc. The truck never missed a beat. Never burned or leaked a drop of oil and never gave any trouble even with 100,xxx+ miles on it.

When I decided to trade in my 09' civic Si for a small truck I knew it would be a Tacoma with this drivetrain. The only thing I added was 4WD and so far I have no retreats.

I bought a Taco because at the time I had a quad so I needed another truck. As far as other choices for mid size trucks go, there isn't any except for maybe the Frontier and Ridgeline. I chose against the Ridgeline because it didn't have real 4wd. I almost went with the Frontier because ot was cheaper but decided against it due to the lack of aftermarket.

In the end I wish I went with the FJ or 4runner. I love my Tacoma but I don't need the bed.

Um it started in 1987 when I test drove one and been driving a Toyota truck ever since.
I did own 2 tundras but always came back to its more agile sibling. It just fit me better & was easier to maneuver on the trails.

i've always liked Toyota trucks ...they're reliable and will last if properly cared for!...When i first started lookin at trucks, sure i looked at Ford ,Chevy & Dodge but they never really appealed to me that much. When i first started lookin at the Tacoma i decided that i wanted basically a truck to haul stuff with . and also use it as my transport to and from work...I chose 2 wheel drive as i have no intention in goin off roadin

I was sold on the truck because it had everything I need and nothing that I didnt need. I used to be biased about my pickups and only wanted chevys, but when it came time to start thinking about a long term ride, I knew I shoudn't screw myself with my truck tunnel vision. So I kept an open mind and researched every truck on the market. I was always a fan of the looks of the Tacomas, 1st and 2nd gen, so it stuck out to me over everything else. I absolutely love the rear seat storage in the double cab, and the cubbies in the bed. Great gas mileage for the size of the engine and more than enough power for me. It also has the roomiest back seats (in my opinion) than any of the midsize trucks. All in all its reputation sealed the deal for me and I know this truck will last me for another 10 to 15 years at the least

I've always wanted one. Great all around truck, holds it's value, reliability, great off road, better mpg's that what I had, and great looking. Why not?

I wanted a new truck and needed one that got better gas mileage than my Dodge Ram. The Tacoma was my first and only choice.

I wanted a new truck and needed one that got better gas mileage than my Dodge Ram. The Tacoma was my first and only choice.

My previous truck was also a Ram with the Hemi. I did look a the Frontiers but wasn't that impressed. Once I drove the Tacoma it was my only choice or keep the Ram. I made the right choice. :yes:

I choose a Taco for my first at because I saw how well they held up. First I saw the tv show Top Gear test an 80s hilux and they couldn't destroy it, they also drove a modded hilux to the North Pole. So I mainly wanted one because I new how durable toyota pickups are and I wanted something that would last, and as if now I have not been disappointed!

Wanted to downsize a bit without going mini. Wanted proven reliability and off-road ability. My current truck (95 GMC) was starting to have electrical gremlins. The govberment started the "Cash for Clunkers" program...so I jumped in.

So glad I did...very happy with my pre-owned "05 Tacoma

Owned my first one when I was 16 and have always been hooked on 4x4 manual Tacomas. I have looked at other trucks but none that I found had the same amount of reliability, performance, and resale value.

I wanted a mid size truck. and i did not like any of the other mid sizes and it’s a toyota after all.

also i looked at the FJ a little, but liked having a bed a little more.

Brother had a 95 Tacoma that was part of the recall, I was supposed to get it after him from there we bought a 89 that we turned into a rock crawler, and ever since then always wanted one of my own, so I got one this winter

Had a extra cab 2000 taco and after college :smartass: wanted to upgrade to the double cab for more room and haven't been happier!:w00t::icon_cheesygrin:

Back