Why didn't I buy a DA polisher years ago?

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by vwgtiturbo, Jun 27, 2018.

1. vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo Well-Known Member

So, over the past week, I've been battling the CA heat and claying/polishing my 13 year old Taco paint; it's looked like crap for years. I had kind of lost hope in it. I'm not sure why it took me so long to invest in a polisher, but boy am I regretting not doing it sooner!

I don't have a pic of the full truck yet (I still have to do the roof), but in the attached pic, looking above the passenger door handle shows an example of the oxidation, while the rear door/bed shows the completed area. Night and day! She's simply gorgeous now

Lesson learned: take care of your paint! 15301160539700.jpeg

Bojangles and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Htfiremedic

Htfiremedic Active Member

How did you build it?

4. OP
    vwgtiturbo

The Taco isn't really built at all; beyond the stereo, there are only simple visual 'enhancements' (blacked out headlight housings, '09+ tail lights, tool box, steel bed rails, steel tail gate covers, TRD Pro wheels, Magnum steps, interior LEDs, etc.).

5. Htfiremedic

Htfiremedic Active Member

How about the DA polisher? I have a couple of sanders, sooooo

6. OP
    vwgtiturbo

Bought a 6" Griot's with a correcting pad and wax application pad (in addition to the usual complement of compound and wax).

Htfiremedic likes this.