Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

Idk, auto's work well for me. The only time they don't work right is when there's an issue...like the time I used an aftermarket atf that claimed compatible, but really wasn't.

i am only used to the 3speed automatics and have no clue how a 6+ speed works

i suppose i could always put my rig up at the dealership and take one of those used tacos with AT out for a hard wheel and find out what it is all about

i have sometimes (but NOT always) wondered about how the Gen1 automatic v6 works or does not work compared to the MT i have wheeled over 341k miles before some recent issues developed

Super stoked about picking up the old rig at the shop and getting a whirl at the newly installed clutch + manual transmission

I take it the transfer case is next...usuually those go bad at the same time as the transmission. Heck you got the differentials also that aren't far behind...if the engine doesn't go tapioca first.

You can change the gear oil every week, but gear teeth, and bearings still degrade from heat, and wear. Usually the silent chain in the transfer case gets noisy around 250k miles.

Nothing to do with lazy, autos are just better for towing, and hauling. It's what trucks are made for. I'd buy a sports car if I wanted a manual.

84 days of NOT touching a manual was a LONG spell, the longest i have been away from the excitement in over 1/3rd of a century
even when i was out of the country for several months we had a rental MT to tool around in

Back