Wierd sound

I just got back from an appointment at the dealership. They didn't hesitate to replace the seals around the door. Not the ones that are on the door, but the ones that are on the body. I can't say I even noticed those before I took it in. Now, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet so the jury is still out on this solution.

Problem solved. Sorry I haven't reported the fix earlier. Turns out Toyota knew of the problem and actually published a fix for it in their service bulletins, but gave it a weird title so nobody ever looked at it. They call it a cross-wind noise. Apparently it occurs when a cross wind (at highway speed) causes a whistling sound around the driver side door. The official fix is a supplemental gasket add-on that fits around part of the factory door gasket. Cost about $200 to get them to install it. Thanks to all who responded before I found out.

Problem solved. Sorry I haven't reported the fix earlier. Turns out Toyota knew of the problem and actually published a fix for it in their service bulletins, but gave it a weird title so nobody ever looked at it. They call it a cross-wind noise. Apparently it occurs when a cross wind (at highway speed) causes a whistling sound around the driver side door. The official fix is a supplemental gasket add-on that fits around part of the factory door gasket. Cost about $200 to get them to install it. Thanks to all who responded before I found out.

You missed the warranty window to have it done free?

Well it's been a month and no noise. Too bad you had to pay. My dealership didn't charge me.

Back