Wildpeak 265 75r 16 with trd wheels!

Marctrd

Pulled the trigger yesterday and I couldn't be happier! Zero rubbing and road noise is non existent. Now I'll be keeping my eye on the mpg...tried uploading pics but says too large?

Pulled the trigger yesterday and I couldn't be happier! Zero rubbing and road noise is non existent. Now I'll be keeping my eye on the mpg...tried uploading pics but says too large?
You can email them to yourself and adjust the size or down load a photo editor app. Sometimes just cropping the edges off some makes it small enough. Congrats on the new tires. I want to see :)

Looks great, and I've been hearing a lot of good things about the wild peaks. Update, after having them a while, with an overall review.

would these work on mine OR17tRD?
Yeah they would and they would look good with 265/75/16 tires. The only thing with the TRD pro wheels is if you lift it 2.5-3” and want to put 285/75/16 tires on you’ll have to get wheel spacers to make them work. If you buy aftermarket wheels with a 0 or -6 offset and decide you want to lift it and put 285’s later you’ll be able to put them on without the spacers. Depends on your end game.

Yeah they would and they would look good with 265/75/16 tires. The only thing with that TRD pro wheels is if you lift it 2.5-3” and want to put 285/75/16 tires on you’ll have to get wheel spacers to make them work. If you buy aftermarket wheels with a 0 or -6 offset and decide you want to lift it and put 285’s later you’ll be able to put them on without the spacers. Depends on your end game.
Ok cool, thanks for the great info.

Yeah they would and they would look good with 265/75/16 tires. The only thing with the TRD pro wheels is if you lift it 2.5-3” and want to put 285/75/16 tires on you’ll have to get wheel spacers to make them work. If you buy aftermarket wheels with a 0 or -6 offset and decide you want to lift it and put 285’s later you’ll be able to put them on without the spacers. Depends on your end game.
Doesn't the Pro rim have 1/2" less backspacing ? I thought I read that the Pro had a 1" wider track and was accomplished by the rims having 1/2" less backspacing making it an inch wider track.. 285 is about an inch wider than a 265 so I was thinking it wouldn't rub on anything on the inside. Is that not the case ? (I'm still trying to have all the info before deciding on something that wouldn't work)

Doesn't the Pro rim have 1/2" less backspacing ? I thought I read that the Pro had a 1" wider track and was accomplished by the rims having 1/2" less backspacing making it an inch wider track.. 285 is about an inch wider than a 265 so I was thinking it wouldn't rub on anything on the inside. Is that not the case ? (I'm still trying to have all the info before deciding on something that wouldn't work)
Stock off-road wheel is 16x7” +25 offset. Pro wheel is 16x7” +13 offset making the back space 0.47” out. The 265 is 10.4” wide the 285 is 11.2” wide 0.8” difference per tire making it a 1.6” wider track. You’re going to need a wheel spacer or heating molding and trimming of the wheel wells to eleminate rubbing. Even with a -6 offset you’re going to have some rubbing when full lock off road with a 3” lift and 285’s. A good alignment will help and possibly the need for new UCA’s.
I have not heard of anyone running Tacoma pro wheels with a 3” lift and 285/75/16 tires without rubbing and requiring a wheel spacer or trimming/cutting or both.
If someone has that set up maybe they can chime in. I’m going off what I have and the math.
A 1.5-2” lift with 265/75/16 on pro wheels looks good, no rubbing no trimming, better mpg and very off-road capable.
Otherwise aftermarket wheels 16x8-8.5” with a 0 or -6 offset respectively, 2.5-3” lift and 285/75/16 tires will work with a good alignment possibly new UCA’s and minimal rubbing at full lock or turning into hard bumps. You’ll have to remove front mud flaps if applicable. Heat gun and molding first, Trimming and cutting may still be required but should be last resort IMO.

That’s what happened with my current truck, but the older I get the less I’ll be lifting so I can still get in it. If I could I’d be on 40’s but the 6’ ladder welded to the side of the truck so I can get in might not look so good

That’s what happened with my current truck, but the older I get the less I’ll be lifting so I can still get in it. If I could I’d be on 40’s but the 6’ ladder welded to the side of the truck so I can get in might not look so good
That’s funny and oh so true. Haha.

Back