Wind noise coming from 3rd gen tacoma?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by taco thao, Mar 12, 2018.

1. taco thao

taco thao Member

Wind noise coming from 3rd gen tacoma driver and passenger window anybody?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Yeah it's been an issue. Not sure if Toyota is doing anything about it.

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

ctburke72, taco thao and Bogunn like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Some have said it gets better with vent visors installed. I don’t know if it does or not. I’ve never had the problem in my third gen.

6. OP
    taco thao

taco thao Member

7000k on mines alot of wind noise at 75 to 80 got to let toyota take a look

Bogunn likes this.
  7. Raeburn

Raeburn Well-Known Member

No wind noise on my 2017 DCSB, wouldn't say it's exactly quiet at highway speeds (75-80 mph) but nothing out of the ordinary.

B-Man likes this.
  8. Scuzzy

Scuzzy Well-Known Member

This is a common occurrence after a windshield replacement. Neither of my two trucks had issues until I replaced the windshields, my dad’s 06, Sport, same issue. So that is 3. My kids 15 is fine. So the hood scoop has no effect. My 13 has now had two replacements and on #2 they used a different sealant and it went away. I do not know what the TSB says, but it did the trick.

9. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Active Member

Had the noise in the ‘16 I had. Dealer wouldn’t do anything to fix it, even though I found the TSB online. I ended raising hell and dealing with the general manager. They traded the truck for an identical ‘17 last March. So far I’ve had no issues with this one. Mine was noticed the first week I had it and was sitting at a stop light with a strong crosswind.

DJ1022 likes this.
  10. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

My 2nd gen has a little wind noise at 100 + mph

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  11. OR17TRD

o_O

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

13. royandlola

royandlola New Member

My 2015 had this wind noise when it was new and now I can’t remember last time I heard it.

Bogunn likes this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s a good thing. It seems like vent visors actually help the issue after being installed.
    The only really bad wind noise I had was in my first second gen Tacoma and on a 2010 4Runner we had.

15. ScreaminYoda

ScreaminYoda Well-Known Member

I had wind noise in mine also but it was only when my wife was riding shotgun. I keep a roll of duct tape in the glove box.. easy fix.

kp.taco, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha!

17. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

My '17 OR is quiet and we've had alot of wind this year.

Bogunn likes this.
  18. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

My 15 had a stall horn that would go off at interstate speed in a strong cross wind. I kept stabbing the throttle and pushing the yoke forward and it wouldn't help.

pmhoskin, kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  19. kp.taco

I live on a rural hwy. I was outside yesterday not much traffic around, I start to hear a howl noise off in the distance... It gets a little closer... Sure enough a 3rd gen taco pops over the hill.. I don't know what that howling/ screaming banchee noise was but it really sounded like ****.

Bogunn likes this.
  20. OR17TRD

Did it have a snorkel?

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  21. kp.taco

No..

Bogunn likes this.