Wind noise coming from 3rd gen tacoma?

No wind noise on my 2017 DCSB, wouldn't say it's exactly quiet at highway speeds (75-80 mph) but nothing out of the ordinary.

This is a common occurrence after a windshield replacement. Neither of my two trucks had issues until I replaced the windshields, my dad’s 06, Sport, same issue. So that is 3. My kids 15 is fine. So the hood scoop has no effect. My 13 has now had two replacements and on #2 they used a different sealant and it went away. I do not know what the TSB says, but it did the trick.

Had the noise in the ‘16 I had. Dealer wouldn’t do anything to fix it, even though I found the TSB online. I ended raising hell and dealing with the general manager. They traded the truck for an identical ‘17 last March. So far I’ve had no issues with this one. Mine was noticed the first week I had it and was sitting at a stop light with a strong crosswind.

My 2015 had this wind noise when it was new and now I can’t remember last time I heard it.

That’s a good thing. It seems like vent visors actually help the issue after being installed.
The only really bad wind noise I had was in my first second gen Tacoma and on a 2010 4Runner we had.

I live on a rural hwy. I was outside yesterday not much traffic around, I start to hear a howl noise off in the distance... It gets a little closer... Sure enough a 3rd gen taco pops over the hill.. I don't know what that howling/ screaming banchee noise was but it really sounded like ****.

I live on a rural hwy. I was outside yesterday not much traffic around, I start to hear a howl noise off in the distance... It gets a little closer... Sure enough a 3rd gen taco pops over the hill.. I don't know what that howling/ screaming banchee noise was but it really sounded like ****.
Did it have a snorkel?

Back