Windshield crack/no impact

tacohawk

So my windshield cracked yesterday, after being on the road for about 10 min. Nothing hit my windshield, no vehicles in front of me or to the sides, it just cracked, out of no where. The crack started directly underneath the rear view mount. Toyota doesn’t warranty that do they?

So my windshield cracked yesterday, after being on the road for about 10 min. Nothing hit my windshield, no vehicles in front of me or to the sides, it just cracked, out of no where. The crack started directly underneath the rear view mount. Toyota doesn’t warranty that do they?
They should if your Taco is still under warranty.....

If it’s under warranty and they can see it wasn’t done by something striking the windshield they may.

3 yr 36k might have covered it. Sounds like you’re out of that. If you have an extended. You can always ask nice and see what they do. Some insurance companies will cover it if it’s on the policy. Might have to just go out of pocket.

Even if everyone on here said "no they won't" I'd still be pleading my case to them.

So went to the dealership, service tech showed me the tinniest of chips, at the start of the crack at the VERY top edge of my windshield [emoji853][emoji853][emoji853]

Same happened here on a road trip. 103 degrees outside, 65 degrees inside. Thinking it was temp variation as I don’t remember a chip happening.

$100 deductible with Safelite for OEM but had to get them to do it twice [emoji849]

Go to the shop. Forget about the high school drop out doing it in your driveway.

Same happened here on a road trip. 103 degrees outside, 65 degrees inside. Thinking it was temp variation as I don’t remember a chip happening.

$100 deductible with Safelite for OEM but had to get them to do it twice [emoji849]

Go to the shop. Forget about the high school drop out doing it in your driveway.

Haha.
It probably was the temperature variation.

Back