Windshield wipers

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Jumper, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Jumper

Jumper Active Member

Replaced the 9mos old factory wipers with Bosch Icons and now those wipers bounce. I had a ford focus that did the same thing and the only way to fix it was to put oem wipers on. Are Taco's the same way? Are aftermarket wipers not designed properly to work?

I might add I put Rain X on the windshield but I've not had issues in the past with other vehicles that got the Rain X treatment

Scott Wyman and Malicious Mike like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Does it do it even when wet? I know some wipers will bounce when there is less moisture to help lubricate. Maybe try taking alcohol wipes and wiping the blade down cleaning the rubber sometimes helps.
    Some wipers rubber is harder and doesn’t flex well that can cause the skipping. Very annoying.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. OP
    Jumper

Jumper Active Member

The only time they don't bounce is intermittent swiping. It's raining like crazy today and these Icons bounced the entire time. They're maybe a month old. I've had good luck with Bosch wipers but that bouncing is annoying

Scott Wyman likes this.
  5. smayne

smayne New Member

Use silicone wiper blades. Last a long time also.

Scott Wyman and pdenajim like this.
  6. n7narcosis

n7narcosis Well-Known Member

My factory wipers bounce when I first apply rainx to my windshield. After a day or two it goes away. Is the same on my wifes Honda and our old 4runner.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  7. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

You may want to try putting a little more bend in the wiper arm. I've had to do that to a few previous vehicles to get the wipers to stop skipping.

B-Man likes this.
  8. OP
    Jumper

Jumper Active Member

I thought about doing that actually since I've done that before as well