Worth the buy?

Pirate

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
84k miles
4WD
TRD Off Road package

The rear drivers quarter panel has a large dent in the truck, (how much would you guys think that would be to replace??)

Asking price is 12500.00

Have you checked KBB? Just put in the info you provided and in average condition with those miles should be between 16000 and 17000 (private seller). So It seems like a good deal, depending on the cost of the cosmetic work.

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
84k miles
4WD
TRD Off Road package

The rear drivers quarter panel has a large dent in the truck, (how much would you guys think that would be to replace??)

Asking price is 12500.00

Offer $11,500. on the basis it needs body work, however check out frame for rust and ask for the VIN# so you can check out past problems and maintenance.
Make sure everything works as it should and if there are ANY fluid leaks find out what is leaking and the cost of fixing it.

Reactions: TMo
I was going to take it to the toyota dealership and pay 100 bucks to get it fully inspected. I can probably ask to give a quote to fix the body work on the rear quarter panel. Someone suggested to buy a whole bed? I don't think buying a whole bed would be cheaper than a quarter panel and painting it.

I was going to take it to the toyota dealership and pay 100 bucks to get it fully inspected. I can probably ask to give a quote to fix the body work on the rear quarter panel. Someone suggested to buy a whole bed? I don't think buying a whole bed would be cheaper than a quarter panel and painting it.
Surprisingly...it might be cheaper to find a whole bed at a bone yard. If you find one with the same color and in good condition. You never know what you can find at these places

Surprisingly...it might be cheaper to find a whole bed at a bone yard. If you find one with the same color and in good condition. You never know what you can find at these places

This, or you could check into getting 1 bed side seeing how the bed is 3 pieces anyway IIRC

Well tomorrow I'm going to look at a double cab with around 85k. Asking price is 6500

Wow, I'd check it out just to see how beat it is but don't expect much

Well the truck is on the airforce base and I have access. Lots of people sell their vehicles cheap because they are desperate for money before they get shipped out so hopefully it's a good deal!

The guy was wrong! He " ment " to put 185k miles on the ad. Anyways, I'm looking at this 2003 taco, 4 doors, pre runner trd offroad. It has 98k miles, he priced it at 12000, I'm gonna try to get it as close to 10k as I can!

10years on now you find zero at boneyards in most areas

Last edited:
Back