Wussup fellow tacomanators!! New here

sniperkill

Hey guys, I just got a 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD V6 4.0L double cab 4WD. I paid in full for it so its mine, all mine, lol... So its got a little over 100, 000 miles. So far I got a 3" adjust able leveling kit for the front, and 2" blocks with U bolts for the back. I also picked up a performance powerbox from autochipsdirect.com but it just arrived yesterday and I haven't had a chance to install it on my truck yet. But im not sure if me intake temp sensor is integrated into my mass airflow sensor? Does anyone know?

Anyways, my name is Kevin and I wanted to say hey :)

Welcome.

Take that chip you bought and return it if you can. If you can't then you fell for a gimmick. Chips do not work on modern ECUs. All that box has in it is a resistor that will change the IAT signal to the ECU. The ECU will see colder air and dump more fuel into the engine. Just simply adding fuel will not give you more power. It will just cause you to burn your tank quicker, possibly kill your cats quicker, possibly cause you to lose power and leave more soot in your exhaust.

Last edited:
Welcome.

Take that chip you bought and return it if you can. If you can't then you fell for a gimmick. Chips do not work on modern ECUs. All that box has in it is a resistor that will change the IAT signal to the ECU. The ECU will see colder air and dump more fuel into the engine. Just simply adding fuel will not give you more power. It will just cause you to burn your tank quicker, possibly kill your cats quicker, possibly cause you to lose power and leave more soot in your exhaust.

Yes, I can return it. As a matter of fact, already did. So what do you guys think about this one found here, will this one work?
http://www.engineperformancechip.com/toyota-toyota-tacoma-c-38_780/power-performance-chip-x2-p-8

Edit: Okay, now after reading the whole page on the link I posted, this one is saying also that it modifies the ECU. And what your saying is that none of these kinda chips will work if they claim to modify the ECU signal? If that's true, is the only thing that would work is to either have your ECU sent out to have it re-flashed, or have a chip manually soldered in? And spend over $250.00? Damn man, I don't know what to do?

Last edited:
Yes, I can return it. As a matter of fact, already did. So what do you guys think about this one found here, will this one work?
http://www.engineperformancechip.com/toyota-toyota-tacoma-c-38_780/power-performance-chip-x2-p-8

Edit: Okay, now after reading the whole page on the link I posted, this one is saying also that it modifies the ECU. And what your saying is that none of these kinda chips will work if they claim to modify the ECU signal? If that's true, is the only thing that would work is to either have your ECU sent out to have it re-flashed, or have a chip manually soldered in? And spend over $250.00? Damn man, I don't know what to do?

Dont waste your time or money on chips They dont work in these. I believe toyota encrypts their ecu's or something. Whipper knows all he'll be chiming in soon im sure! Haha

MAF CAL from URD. Yes it just modifies the MAF signal but it does it properly with software and it doesn't just modify the IAT signal like the cheap chips do. It only works in closed loop(full throttle and/or high load) though.

You cannot flash Toyota ECUs. Toyota can but only for the blower tune. Other options are piggyback ECUs or full stand alone ECUs.

There are no programmers for Toyotas either. The software is encoded and Toyota isn't talking.

Lastly, you have to pay to play.

Hey thanks for the help guys! I will be getting a refund on all the chip stuff. Now, I do have another question. I recently got a 3" leveling kit for the front of my truck. I got it from "Hell Bent Steel". Now they only sent me these 2 spacers, and this kit is "supposed" to be adjustable. They sent me the nuts too, lol... Here's a pic. I'm gonna post the link to what exactly I got too.

http://m.hellbentsteel.com/2005-2010-toyota-tacoma-2wd-4wd-3-leveling-kit.html

Now their saying that to not be tricked just cuz these spacers are only 1.50" thick, that once installed, and with the strut extended all the way (i still don't know what this means) between the 1.50" spacers and the strut extended, that you will get you the 3", oh and after an wheel alignment. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1370613418460.jpg
    1370613418460.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 1370613429791.jpg
    1370613429791.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 1370614735331.jpg
    1370614735331.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14
The actual dimensions of the spacer doesn't equal to how much lift you will get. I have never messed with that kit in particular or any spacer kit. Spacers aren't a good way of lifting.

The actual dimensions of the spacer doesn't equal to how much lift you will get. I have never messed with that kit in particular or any spacer kit. Spacers aren't a good way of lifting.

Really, I knew there was options when it came to lifting, but what are some other options? I thought I was going about it the "right" way, lol.. Here's a chip that piggyback's the ECU that autoanything hooked me up with and they said that there was only 1 option when it came to chips and my 2006 Toyota Tacoma, and this link is what he gave me

http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A2776A0A0.aspx

So what are my options for a lift kit and what do you think about this chip?

You can lift with 5100s or even go full coilovers. It depends on your budget but 5100s are fairly inexpensive. That's Bilstein 5100s.

Unichip is just the name of a company. Their product is a piggyback ECU. Check out URD. http://urdusa.com/

Back