2009 Rough (Hard Shake) after engine is warm

Luca Rich

hello,

i was injured and my truck sat at an incline with the hand brake set for around 6 months driven around every 3 weeks or so. i also got a new engine put in because of a different problem.

when i start the engine with no heat, (overnight) it starts smooth and gets into reverse very smoothy.

after it has been driven and has warmed up, if i get out for a while and then get back in and start it, the truck shakes pretty darn hard. harder than I've felt. all other mechanics agree its unusual.

the person that put the new engine in is a master mechanic I've known for 30 years and we grew up together, we have spent hours together trying to figure this out checking motor mounts, and other mounts - ha was under the truck moving around everywhere. he has shown me the computer when attached to my vehicle that everything checks out, air, idle, rpm, we checked every menu together and everything is in the green. he took one of the sensors off the top front of the engine and cranked the engine, it didn't start he was just checking that all cylinders were firing. he said there is another sensor behind the air conditioner bracket that he cant get to without taking off a lot of stuff.

also, when i take it out of park and put it into reverse and let go of the brake there is a little hesitation to start reversing; like another brake is letting loose to let me start backing up. there is no hesitation while putting it into reverse, though.

the short is - when i start it cold everything is smooth, but when my truck has been running a while and i shut it off, next time i start it, it shakes pretty hard from the engine bay and possibly a little further back i cant tell. and when i put it into gear there is a small hesitation when i start to move as if a "brake" is on for a split second and everything runs fine after that.

Back