2019 Tacoma SR5

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Hunterguy, May 5, 2022.

1. Hunterguy

Hunterguy Member

HELLO GUYS NEWBIE HERE TO SITE HAVE 2 QUESTIONS

1 .JUST GOT A 2019 WITH 11 K MILES FROM MY BUDDY, LOOKING TO UPGRADE TIRES TO BETTER TREAD DESIGN, HAVE TOYOS NOW.... FOR MOSTLY HIGHWAY BUT HAVE HUNTING CAMP IN UPSTATE NEW YORK.....PICS AN SIZES PLEASE...... I WAS THINKING OF COOPER AT3

2. THINKING OF A TRI FOLD COVER FOR BED MINE IS 6 FOOT.... WHAT BRANDS HAS ANYONE USED SO I CAN PURCHASE AN INSTALL MY SELF,

THANKS..... WHERE THE ROAD ENDS THE FUN BEGINS

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome! I have the Toyo AT3 and love them. Aggressive enuf for off road and quiet on hiway! As far as tri-folds?.....gonna have to lt someone with more knowledge of them chime in.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. OP
    Hunterguy

Hunterguy Member

HELLO.... THANKS, MINE SEEM LIKE REGULAR RADIAL TIRE TREADS

5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

AT3 are a bit more aggressive tread. Not the most aggressive out there but they seem to work!

Scott Wyman likes this.
  6. jjs2955

jjs2955 New Member

I use General Altimax RT34 all weather street tires on my 2WD 85 Toyota and love them in dry and wet. General is part of Continental tire company. Very affordable too. Best tire ever on my truck for 36 years and 478,000 miles. Only say that to suggest looking into their light truck tires if you do some occasional light off roading. They have 9 different models.

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’ve had copper AT3, BFG KO2’s, Goodyear wrangler DuraTrac’s and all three I would buy again.

The Bakflip mx4 worked good for me and my needs. It’s not 100% water tight but I’d say 97-98% with a bed mat nothing ever got wet.

8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I have Falkin Wild Peaks. Fairly aggressive tread, but still quiet and handle well on the highway.

B-Man likes this.
  9. Brett Lockrow

Brett Lockrow New Member

I have a 2019 TRD Sport w/6' bed. Purchased BF Goodrich T/A Sport this past November (originals were at roughly 45k). So far, happy with them. I am in upstate NY myself. I did have one replaced (punctured in sidewall) but thankfully, road hazard warranty covered most of that cost. I also have the Trifecta 2.0 by Extang tonneau cover. It is a tri-fold that I had thrown in for free when I purchased the truck. Nice cover and very easy to remove, if needed. There is some leaking when going through the car wash but not when it rains. Over 3 years old with no sign of wear or any tears. I would definitely buy it again.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  10. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family Brett.