2021 tacoma OR rattle

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by RockTaco, Jul 14, 2021.

1. RockTaco

RockTaco New Member

Hey guys, picked up my 21 OR about a month ago and been having this rattle issue that the dealer says doesn't exist after bringing the car back after a week,but here's a video of the noise, sounds like it is coming from front right but i can be wrong. The tire chain sounds completly different from this noise and yes I'm aware of that chain when it smacks around.. I went underneath and it was hard for me to find anything loose.I don't know where to bring it anymore or what to do, any help is appreciated! thank you

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome! I listened to your video about 10 times. It is unusual!

Jersey Black Beauty likes this.
  4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Do you have running boards or sliders? If so, check and make sure they are all tightened down.

Jersey Black Beauty and B-Man like this.
  5. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Well-Known Member

Welcome RT ..
    Brand new truck ,,keep taken it back until they find and fix it

B-Man likes this.
  6. OP
    RockTaco

RockTaco New Member

Hey guys thanks for input, car is bone stock and has nothing installed, i wish i can find a reputable 4x4 shop by me in nyc to help!

Jersey Black Beauty and B-Man like this.
  7. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Well-Known Member

Or crawl under it and locate the problems

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  8. OP
    RockTaco

RockTaco New Member

Everything is solid, that was first thing i did

9. Brian F

Brian F Member

Is it occurring during particular circumstances (weather, speed, road conditions, etc.)?
    Make note of what or when, and then take one of the dealer's folk on a ride in those same conditions so that they can hear it themselves.
    I too have a 2021 but haven't had that issue/noise.

10. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

Check and make sure front passenger seat is locked in position. Not to long after I had bought my 19 I developed a rattle, someone had slid passenger seat all the way back but it had not locked itself in that position.