3" Lift on my "10 Tacoma

I just got new Rims and Tires. They are rubbing on sharp turns. I am thinking about getting a suspension lift 2" or 3". Is it hard to install your own lift or should I pay a professional to install it? And that looks the best on a Tacoma? I am thinking a 3" lift but just don't know for sure. I have never spent money on a lift before. I think I am going to need a leveling kit as well. It looks level in this picture but the tires are in the back. [emoji15] uploadfromtaptalk1431180574164.jpg

I just got new Rims and Tires. They are rubbing on sharp turns. I am thinking about getting a suspension lift 2" or 3". Is it hard to install your own lift or should I pay a professional to install it? And that looks the best on a Tacoma? I am thinking a 3" lift but just don't know for sure. I have never spent money on a lift before. I think I am going to need a leveling kit as well. It looks level in this picture but the tires are in the back. [emoji15] View attachment 5600
Hi Cajun, kind of depends on what type of lift you are looking for, if you are going to do a simple block and spacer lift you should be ok with some good hand tools, if you want to go with new shocks and coils and an AAL or new leaf pack it can get a little complicated. I went with a 2.5 in coils and AAL lift and have 275/70/17s on and I just barely catch the cab mount when I am at full lock on an incline, it looks like for the size of tires you have on there from the picture you would be ok with either a 2 or 3 inch lift, however if you go 3 inches you might have to also add some after market upper control arms to help with camber and caster. In my opinion though a 3inch lift would look better than a 2 and give you more options for tires

Back