3" lift ????

Any vehicle will be expensive to mod correctly. Sure you can throw on spacers everywhere but then you have cheap crap on your rig.

If your main focus is on rocks, then get something that already has a straight axle up front, such as a jeep or older truck.

Eh I'll get it figured out I managed to wheel a bronco ii for some years I'm sure this won't take much more to make it on the rocks.

Yeah it did pretty well. Lot of people were hatin on my bronco but it went everywhere those stupid jeeps went.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1400035968.580611.jpg
Anyone running the toytec adjustable coilovers with bilstein 5100's on their first gen? I'm thinkin about buyin them for my 95 tacoma. Anyone had any experience with them? Thanks

3" lift for IFS isn't too hard to get. but its pretty much the max without going to aftermarket UCA's & a drop bracket, which they suck in current application/form/looks, expensive & a permanent hacked in feature all that **** for a 1" extra gain in lift (now your at 4") & an actual loss of a 1/2" ground clearance because all that crap hangs down

My 1st gen is the first IFS 4x I've had, after driving it now for about 6 years I personally would've rather had toyota to continue with solid axle front ends, Stronger than IFS/less moving parts involved or rather the parts that DO move & make up the 4x side of things are more than solid axle (LCA's/UCA's/long spindle/rack & pinion ) just seems to be a lot of somewhat weak links/fussy about alignment & requires such every damned time you do anything lift wise (or lower for that matter) Guess IFS handles better at speed like in desert but honestly I've wheeled all my SFA'd trucks in the past just as fast & really didn't notice a lot of difference, until of course you decide you want to go thru 2 ft whoops at 60 mph with speed /safety/comfort Then bust out the $$$$ & dont think about how much its going to cost to get there, I've only ridden in 1 real LT ( the kind you trailer to/from desert events & races) & gotta say its surreal & its awesome when you pucker up expecting to buck like a green broke mustang on crack & you feel literally nothing impact wise, then you understand where all that $$$$ went, but most peoples offroading experience/wants/needs/budget stops waaaay the hell short of the kind of $$$$$ it takes to get that platinum performance ride, same thing goes for the building of a high end competitive crawler or any rig capable of traversing extreme terrain,, guess my point is when you start asking around about what it would cost to SAS, you're going to get alot of diff. numbers, when I asked a bit some guys had me buying $9,000 front axles haha I mean WTF !!?? Not saying they're not out there for sale just thinking of any realistic situation I'd need a axle costing 9k, maybe if I had 1000 HP puxhing it up the Hammers or simliar,, I don't need that, neither does anyone else I know, I'm convinced tho', that with enough labor the individual is willing to put forth (& is competent of course) & searching out the right parts, not the high end stuff that is more price tag than performance you could put together a very, above average, capable & quite streetable DD for about $ 5000 & change but it def would require excellent resources & a ton of labor on your end, I'm a pretty fair wrench with geometrical/math skills but i weld like ****, good thing i know guys that DO weld nice & will pitch in & the Bronco is pretty much solid axle on coils & have already been told & shown how well it integrates under a Tacoma, with some fabbing of course but not as much as you might think, those Ford front ends were pretty strong & reliable & a dime a dozen parts wise, those things are everywhere, & they're cheap How much out of the box thinking you have will also determine how much $$$$

& lastly you'll get opinions on which cool part from what cool aftermarket company gets all your $$$$ But the most capable & best performing rigs I've either driven or ridden in have been someones backyard abortion , not the clean/polished badass looks that are eye pleasing & wallet bleeding that we day dream about....

Back