4Runner to Tacoma

R0BBy

Well, I made the switch. I've owned a 4 runner for a number of years but I don't like the new design much. I decided to buy a Tacoma this time and I'm pretty happy with it. Looking forward to the site.

Welcome to Tacoma Forum Robby. What year was your 4Runner and did you buy a brand new Tacoma? I'm not a huge fan of the new 4Runner either although it can look pretty good with some mods.

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2002 4Runner with over 200k miles on it (selling soon). It was awesome but I wanted to get something newer. I got a 2013 Tacoma Special Edition.

Last edited:
Welcome!

I've always liked the open bed of a truck. 4Runners are alright but nothing beats going to the drive-in and kicking back to a couple of good movies with your woman while laying back in the bed of your 4x4. Open bed trucks IMHO are more versatile, I can put a camper on it and drive cross country with a place to sleep or use it to move & haul stuff. I remember one time I had 6 people shoved in the back in my camper shell, with 4 in the front, had an extended cab. Of course the ones in the back got a little banged up when I took corners. But hey they wanted to go. :laughing:

I'm with the others on keeping the 4Runner. But either way, glad you chose a Tacoma to switch to :thumbsup:

Back