4WD Control Options - VSC, DAC, Rear Lock, TRAC

Rock62

My truck does not have any of these systems and I'm not looking to add the systems. Although, I'd like to add the OEM switches to the dash for control of security systems. I have ideas to make CAT, Tailgate and truck theft more difficult using switches on the dash. Don't want the typical add-ons with labels of Zombie lights, Rock lights, Ejection Seat, .......

Essentially to hide the switches in plain sight, using OEM items. Afterall, these are primarily SPST on/off push button items.

OEM style switches are available from several on-lines sources, CH4x4, ARB, AOB......

To keep a stand alone switch from sticking out like a sore thumb.......

My question is which of these switches come packaged together on a truck that is equipped with the drive line control options?

Funny no one has answered you. Those are all OffRoad traction control features. They're all present in my 2015. Hope this is of help.

Funny no one has answered you. Those are all OffRoad traction control features. They're all present in my 2015. Hope this is of help.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know these are OffRoad traction control features. I guess my question was a bit vaque.

I'll try to be clearer.
What control features come as an installed package?
Example: Are VSC & DAC package? or VSC & Rear Lock, or VSC & TRAC or is it common for all or none?

My specific plan is to use 2 switches, one for a remote kill and one to lock the tail gate.

For instance, the tail gate lock. The switch would be normally open to control a solenoid inside the tailgate to extend into the center of the right hand pivot. When the switch is active, Closed, the solenoid would retract to allow removal of the tail gate.

Last edited:
Well, it's my understanding that all those features and switches were part of the OffRoad package only. My 2013 Sport had VSC and TRAC, but no DAC or diff lock. The OffRoad package also has progressive valving in the front shocks, not sure about the rears, but probably so. Sports have digressive valving for stiffer, sportier handling, hence the name. No idea about the SR base models.

OK....that helps.

My truck is a Gen2 TRD Sport (de-stickered). So, the VSC and TRAC switches would look like normal features on the Gen2 Sport.

Ie. Hide the theft deterrent controls in plain sight.

Thanks. :):)

Could you post a picture of the VSC & TRAC switch positions in the dash?

Last edited:
Yeah, never tried posting pics yet but I'll give it a shot. Without stickers, couldn't tell that your truck wasn't an OR except for 17" wheels and no obvious locking diff. And that's only for those who recognize the difference. Mine looks like a Sport with the hood, grille shell, bumpers, mirrors, door handles and 17" wheels from an FJ Cruiser that almost match the body color. I didn't care for the chrome and black parts of the OR package, and my '13 Sport was the same color. Simple matter of swapping parts one day. I'll try pics later today.

Yeah, my truck is pretty non-descript. Not many indicators its an SR5 Sport. You'd really have to know the model options to identify it.

About the only things to easily identify it as a SR5 Sport are the SR5 Tailgate Badge, color matched bumpers & side mirrors, hood scoop, 17" OEM wheels. I removed the ugly TRD sticker on the rear quarter panels.

Posting pics is pretty easy. There is an icon (insert image) between the paperclip (insert link) and the smiley face. Select that and follow the prompts.

Sorry Rock, things happened and I forgot about this.

Attachments

• 4AD5D6C3-C029-4C69-B4D1-1B2C371E6008.jpeg
    4AD5D6C3-C029-4C69-B4D1-1B2C371E6008.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
Thanks for the pic Eddie. I understand. Sometimes life interrupts the best intentions and plans.

That give me the typical layout of the switches. This will permit better concealment of the Theft-inhibitor functions.

Yo Rock, I forgot about this one also. No idea what else might install here, and don't recall exactly what it's for. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6444.JPG
    IMG_6444.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Interesting. That looks like an owner add because they have a different form than those left of the steering wheel.

My Gen2 only has the cigy lighter and the 12V power port under the climate controls.

When I replace the OEM CD head unit, the cigy lighter will be replaced with a USB port.

My interest is the switch locations left of the steering wheel.

Thanks for the follow up.

Back