Another beach day!

Hard to believe for the 3rd day this early in April, its been in the mid 80's. The leaves are out on some trees here that usually don't show till the end of the 1st week of may.

it sprinkled for 10 minutes at the most today :(
field fires are popping up everywhere

Rained for about an hour here today but still around 70 something. 70's this weekend! Maybe even near 80! Looks like beach all weekend for me! Been a great start to the summer.

Going to cool off a bit tomorrow, perfect day to pour a small concrete pad I've had planned for my central air units.

I live in northeast North Carolina (OBX-Outer Banks). The sand on our entire coast is soft and deep. See people stuck every year. of the time it’s tourists that do not know what they are doing. Number one tip is to air down your tires! I air mine down to 20psi.
Tacos rule in the Banks!! Air down & away we go. Don't air down?? End up on Corolla Beach Idiots page of Facebook :)

Tacos rule in the Banks!! Air down & away we go. Don't air down?? End up on Corolla Beach Idiots page of Facebook :)
Corolla is our usual summer time spot. This time of year we drive in Kill Devil Hills. There is also an Oregon Inlet Idiots FB page

Just finished pouring my concrete pad. Can't wait to mount this Mitsubishi central air unit to it. Getting hot and stuffy here already.

Whatcha building? And where do you live
House was built in the 70's, and totally renovated in 2014. They told me central air wasn't really a great idea at the time, so we passed. I think my general contractor blew it. I got some recent advice from a Hvac consultant that they could install one of their Mitsubishi split air wall mounted units in the main room with the other heat pump section mounted on the concrete pad i just poured outside. Only issue the bedrooms could be the least affected when it comes right down to it. Best part they save on heating costs when it's above freezing. This is being done in the nw corner of Connecticut. I don't know if this is going to be the new norm for here, but it's only April, and we've had 1/2 the week hitting nearly 90 degrees. This is July weather.

Last edited:
Are you far enough away when that Atlantic rises to not be under water?
Beach front property?
House was built in the 70's, and totally renovated in 2014. They told me central air wasn't really a great idea at the time, so we passed. I think my general contractor blew it. I got some recent advice from a Hvac consultant that they could install one of their Mitsubishi split air wall mounted units in the main room with the other heat pump section mounted on the concrete pad i just poured outside. Only issue the bedrooms could be the least affected when it comes right down to it. Best part they save on heating costs when it's above freezing. This is being done in the nw corner of Connecticut. I don't know if this is going to be the new norm for here, but it's only April, and we've had 1/2 the week hitting nearly 90 degrees. This is July weather.

Are you far enough away when that Atlantic rises to not be under water?
Beach front property?
I have a lake front home with 200' of lake frontage...no beach, but I do have a dock, and a short ramp to launch a boat. I'm 60 miles north from the Atlantic Ocean, so I'm not too worried about this.

A beach day here would be very disagreeable.

Wind is ripping along 20-30 mph, temperature is mid to low 30s, windchill is bottom 20s.....and.......its snowing.

Springtime in IA. yayyyyy.

Global warming........huge huge fabrication.

Well, it's balmy, and showery outside today. Might warm, but a typical April day.
Btw, global warming isn't used anymore...its now climate change.

I drop to 16 on the beach here on cape cod . we get that sugar sand and some idiots don't drop enough psi and do get stuck its always good for some entertainment. But they also let 2wd campers out there to which is a trip to see them just float over the beach! 20190406_192949~5.jpg
1681700193917.png
Gets busy 4th of July lol!

Last edited:
I drop to 16 on the beach here on cape cod . we get that sugar sand and some idiots don't drop enough psi and do get stuck its always good for some entertainment. But they also let 2wd campers out there to which is a trip to see them just float over the beach! View attachment 36970
View attachment 36971
That top picture looks more my speed. Bit too much crowd in that other one

I drop to 16 on the beach here on cape cod . we get that sugar sand and some idiots don't drop enough psi and do get stuck its always good for some entertainment. But they also let 2wd campers out there to which is a trip to see them just float over the beach! View attachment 36970
View attachment 36971
I air down to 20 on my hand gauge (truck reads 18-19). I have stock tires and rims that come on TRD off road.

Back