Any Settings To Keep Doors From Locking With Key In Cab?

WooD

WooD
I tested it and my doors will lock with they key in the cab.

I don't have a fancy key fob, just a ghetto key like this.

Any setting somewhere that will prevent this?

i-7VjqWrC-L.jpg

On my 19 the only way I can lock mine with engine running is to use the 2nd key in the door lock. Been thinking about getting a hide a key just incase I would accidentally lock myself out with both keys just laying in the cab.

I had Toyota make me a old fashion spare key. The parts dude told me it would only unlock the doors, glove box and tailgate.

He said if I tried to start the truck with it, it would start then shut down. Told me I'd have to have it towed to them and reprogrammed. Said it would be around $1K total.

May be BS, but as bad as I want to try, I aint gonna.

First day I got the truck I put the key on the front seat, locked the door and shut it...it locked. Obviously had my spare key in hand to unlock it, just wanted to see if it would lock with the key inside.

i-rscKhKt-L.jpg

Hmm [emoji848] I have no key. Keyless entry and push button start in my 2016 TRD OR and it will not let me lock my truck if my FOBS are inside unless I push lock on a FOB. So I can only lock a fob inside of I use a FOB to do it. The truck will literally scream at me if I try and use the door to lock it with a fob inside.

Hmm [emoji848] I have no key. Keyless entry and push button start in my 2016 TRD OR and it will not let me lock my truck if my FOBS are inside unless I push lock on a FOB. So I can only lock a fob inside of I use a FOB to do it. The truck will literally scream at me if I try and use the door to lock it with a fob inside.
I leaned this because my girlfriend has the spare FOB and keeps it in her purse and then will leave the purse in the truck when we're out and about without telling me until the truck screams at me when I try to lock it from the door. [emoji23]

Back