Bed Rail Accessories

Ragnar The Redneck

Well-Known Redneck
My Taco has the factory bed rail system, but I do not have any accessories for it. I bought a Taco to do truck stuff, and it would be great to use it as such. I have searched the internet looking for anything that could be used with the factory system, and cannot find anything. Could any of you wise Taco sages point in the correct direction, or even give me a hint about what I should search for? Thanks!!!

I've got the bed rail system. The truck was missing 1 of the 4 adjustable rail cleats. I searched and finally found it on Amazon (assuming my memory is good). There aren't many attachments for the rail system. Although, the cleats are very versatile.

The only extras I wish the bed had is a pair of D-rings on the bed floor near the front. I have a pair of D-rings to install......if I could just get for front bed bolts to break loose...............

Thanks!!! Didn't think to check Amazon. I am going to install some D-rings on the front as well.

As far as getting those bolts broke loose, apply some penetrating oil (PB Blaster seems to work best, for me at least) at least once a day for about a week, three or so days if you apply more than once a day. If you have a hammer drill, use that setting, and put your weight behind it.

Yeppers, been using PB with an air impact wrench. Zero results.

Next is to find a volunteer to either run a torch to heat the nut side or run the impact. Risks on both.....need someone who has the touch experience with this type of stubborn fastener.

My gut feeling is the bed bolts were gorilla torqued when the frame was replaced in 2018. Something tells me these are way over the 60 ftlb torque spec. The ol' 6-8 ugga-duggas with the shop air impact guns. The old saying, "If tight is good, then tighter must be gooder."

Yeppers, been using PB with an air impact wrench. Zero results.

Next is to find a volunteer to either run a torch to heat the nut side or run the impact. Risks on both.....need someone who has the touch experience with this type of stubborn fastener.

My gut feeling is the bed bolts were gorilla torqued when the frame was replaced in 2018. Something tells me these are way over the 60 ftlb torque spec. The ol' 6-8 ugga-duggas with the shop air impact guns. The old saying, "If tight is good, then tighter must be gooder."
Look for tale tell signs of locktite. I've found bolts with red locktite. What were they they thinking. Blue is plenty strong enough for almost any task and can be removed without heat.

I've looked. No indication. That was my first inclination.

Either way, heat is my next attempt.

Back