Bluetooth Issues

qboyer

2013 Tacoma. iPhone 11 Pro.

when attempting to connect to my truck via blue tooth it will allow me to connect for phone calls, contacts, missed calls, etc. but will not allow me to connect for audio capabilities such as music/podcasts. It shows a continual ‘searching’ loading screen.
Here is some of the trouble shooting I’ve done thus far with no success.

‘Forget my device’ and re-pair. Both on my phone and on the Tacoma system.

Cleared my Tacoma memory bank of all devices by resetting the system. This made my stereo forget all the radio presets etc. then reconnected.

tried to connect another iPhone 11 but had same results - only would connect for phone calls, not connecting for audio.

also tried to reset my system by turning my lights off three times, holding some buttons down. That accessed the diagnostics screen where it said everything was functioning. This didn’t fix the issue either.

also, when I plug my phone into the USB port it won’t read the phone and does not function. Tried multiple cables and same results each time.

I originally thought it might be an iPhone update issue but since it is connect for phone calls then that doesn’t make sense.

any insights or experience with this is much appreciated. I haven’t been able to find any videos or other experiences so going to throw this thread up and see what others have experienced.

Last edited:
Back