brake drum gasket?

Not good if your one of those that rides the brake pedal a lot.
...had at least one dingo in front of me (2-lane no passing zone) on a usual downgrade ALL THE WAY DOWN for endless miles that kept riding their brakes and keeping their speed MUCH slower than what i feel comfortable doing whilst maintaining control with the MT engine braking
it was truly a suckFest :confused:

...had at least one dingo in front of me (2-lane no passing zone) on a usual downgrade ALL THE WAY DOWN for endless miles that kept riding their brakes and keeping their speed MUCH slower than what i feel comfortable doing whilst maintaining control with the MT engine braking
it was truly a suckFest :confused:
Ahh....t'aint nuttin'

Come to farm country during harvest season.

On the way home from work tonight, Farmer John had been running his combine. I guess he needed to go home for supper. He pulls out onto the 2 lane highway with a 40' wide corn head on his combine. Unfortunately, we were going in opposite directions. The ditches in this area are fairly shallow and gentle sides. My truck is now ditch certified. Beats me how he didn't see my white truck with the headlights on........ Hard to get around something that spans the road from shoulder to shoulder then some.

Imagine the damage a corn head on a combine could to in a head-on collision. :eek::eek::oops::oops:

I had a very similar incident a few years ago with my tundra, when a farmer pulled into this secondary 2 lane highway from his fields hauling this humungous irrigation looking contraption that was the width of the entire highway. At least I was able to slow down enough, and go under it.

12-Sept-2o23

i've got it scheduled for dealer service on Thursday
they have a current front brake special coupin for 199$ that includes resurfacing of rotors if necessary (rotors OEM replaced 77k ago with the front pads at a slop chop shop)
maybe they also will bleed the brakes, that would be nice, only 50k miles on the brake fluid
the calipers could be an issue because of salt life

but the brakesPlus shop checked ALL OF THIS they assured me it was ALL GOOD
just the drums needed resurfaced from a high spot found on them

forgot to update this issue as resolved from a couple months ago
it was found that the driver front wheel bearing was COMPLETELY roasted and likely why when the brakes were applied the caliper was trying to grab a hub and cv driveshaft that was acting all wonky around the place
whatta clusterF that brakesPlus did not alert me to this but the yota dealer sure the F did but still did not truss them lmao :mad:

Yeah, you already told us. Unless you ask all these places your taking your truck to for a specific issue, along with any potential other problems they might see, their not going to brother informing you on every area of repair you truck needs.

So just tell em to get me the works?
Like in the olden days full service

Just ask them to give you a list of everything your truck needs to be safe, and reliable to drive. Accepting the answer is going to hard.

I just want honest and truthful skilled service done right at a fair price
No hacks
Zero fukks

I just want honest and truthful skilled service done right at a fair price
No hacks
Zero fukks
I think what you consider as a "fair price" vanished about 8 years ago.

Example. Toyota want $2000 to replace the CV axles on my truck. I did the work for <$200 in parts, about 5 hours working with floor jack and jack stands....no air tools. I'm sure with proper lift and air tools this is about a 2 hour job in a shop.

Toyota wanted $2200 back in 2018 to replace those cv axles in my tundra, saying they were leaking grease. It was all the fluid flim on them, I'd been spraying on the chassis.

Back