Cabin air filter.

These cabin filter tabs May Be of higher quality plastics than an O2 sensor harness mount or a washer fluid cap tab on the bottle

Too much wear n tear might weaken those parts?

Yea I took my truck to a jiffy Lube in Georgia and the guy tells me that it's
Time to change the filter I asked him how much only $79.99 I about fell out laughing in his face so I went home and changed it filter 11.56 time it took 2 minutes not overpaying some jack leg priceless!!! Lol
if it was THAT MUCH 11 years ago in June 2o13
what in the F is it priced at NOW in the present day?
gotta be in excess of 100$ ?

Last edited:
if it was THAT MUCH 11 years ago in June 2o13
what in the F is it priced at NOW in the present day?
gotta be in excess of 100$ ?
Not even close.

Buy an aftermarket like a WIX and the filter cost is about $10. Although, you will need to replace it yourself. Most folks with a bit of mechanical aptitude can do the task in about 5-10 minutes, depending how big the glove box collection.

Is it easy to Break that glove box contraption is if it gets sticky and try to force it open at all

Force is always an answer to a problem. Although, force may not be the best answer to the problem.

For most people it is a tool-less job. The most difficult part is re-installing the glove box door damper.

Not even close.

Buy an aftermarket like a WIX and the filter cost is about $10. Although, you will need to replace it yourself. Most folks with a bit of mechanical aptitude can do the task in about 5-10 minutes, depending how big the glove box collection.
Ran me nearly double for a wix from rockAuto. Must of took more time just to empty my glove box than installing the filter in place.

I'll wager most of that was RockAuto's extreme shipping charges.
No, this was the just the cabin filter cost. I also ordered a wix engine air filer that ran over $20. Shipping was $5 extra. Still cheaper than buying at the local auto marts here.

Last edited:
@tacojoel

Next time you order, I suggest to check NAPA. I've found they have the parts and shipping is often no charge. Many times the parts are less expensive.

I got both CV axles from NAPA for $180, free shipping, delivered in 3 days. Brake rotors, caliper, pads and tie rods about 2 weeks later. I've pretty much rebuilt the front except for Upper and Lower control arms and joints.

I'd have to check out Napa online. As far as the napa auto stores locally here...their stuff is expensive. I only go there if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere.

Depends. I had the stock one in for 3 years, and it didn't look too bad, truck cabin just had a moldy smell like stinky feet. I changed it with a wix, only to find out a couple months later to have restricted air flow when turning the fan blower on. Removed the new filter only to find it plugged with whirly birds, and this thick green tree pollen. Recently installed another wix, so far so good. My tundra, and other trucks owned never had a cabin filter, and they were just fine. It's just another item that requires service intervals.

Well, there's billions of them around here. We have no shortage of maple trees here in New England.

ya what the heck happened here on the great plains? they are absent so far
was the nasty january -20 F temps have anything to do with it?

or maybe TOO MUCH RAIN? they all drowned out

Back