Clicking when trying to start

It's odd that a new battery would crap out in that short time, but it can happen. You need to run a test while the old battery is out to see if anything could be drawing it down before installing another new battery...like a small light staying on, or something thats hot leaking to gnd. This can be a real pita sometimes to find the source of a parasitic draw, but its better than slowly killing a new battery.
Yeah for sure! Yep, it does happen with new batteries, not the first time it's happened to me. This truck is 100% stock, no aftermarket wiring, no extra lights, etc but it did get a lot of rodent damage to the wiring harness maybe 10 years ago. Local dealership did a good job replacing but things shift around when you drive so something could've rubbed enough to allow a voltage leak.

Really appreciate the advice and info!

Totally forgot to post an update to this story! The starter WAS bad on my truck. Bought a new one, put it in, and boom. No more issue. Only having just over 60k on the motor I really didn't think it could be the starter, but I was wrong. Always garage kept, super low miles, etc. But I'm just glad that it's operational again. :)

Never saw a toyota starter go bad within that mileage....in fact never saw a starter in a toyota fail, and I've had toyota vehicles since the 70's, along with family, and friends. That is one for the books, but glad your up, and running..

Back