Cold air intake kits

K&N is not cold air and it causes a power loss. Volant makes the engine run rich which in turn can throw a CEL.

Old style TRD, AFE stage 2 SI(same as old style TRD) and Airaid MXP series intakes pull air from the stock location but the end result is pretty much noise and bling.

URD's TCAI is another option. It offers the best power gains of about 7 horespower(I think) but at the top end of the RPM range. In the end it is still just a noise maker.

So why not just leave it stock since the gains are so little? I had a TRD and ditched it because it made too much noise at part throttle.

Last edited:
Well I want to add a few more horseys to my taco, not to worried about noise. Was gonna add a throttle body spacer too.

The spacer does nothing, along with the intakes. The only way you will feel any noticeable power is if you get a intake/exhaust/tuner combo. Which will still only get you about 25-30 rwhp

I didn't see the spacer comment. Yeah they do nothing.

In the end the best bang for your buck is forced induction. 3800 for a trd blower which gives 60hp.

I'm not looking for substantial go increase just looking to get a few more around 5-10 and maybe a couple extract mph 3-5. That's about it

I have a K & N intake and I have noticed both improvements in mpgs and horsepower throughout the rpm range

I have a K & N intake and I have noticed both improvements in mpgs and horsepower throughout the rpm range

Sure it did. Do you have actual proof? Just because it is louder doesn't mean it is faster. That horsepower loss was discovered on a dyno. How exactly will an intake improve MPGs? Well maybe in the K&N's case the air going in is so damn hot that the ECU is pulling fuel.

The trd intake makes it louder?!!! Lol i better get it after my exhaust!

Exhausts don't make the intake louder.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]You’re making a bunch outrageous claims about these performance parts causing “loss of horsepower”. Show me your or any dyno sheet showing a loss of power while using these performance parts. No need to be a Negative Nancy haha[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/63-9025_dyno.pdf[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.knfilters.com/hp_gains.htm[/FONT]

Lol at you believing the K&N sheet. How are my claims outrageous and not K&N's? They want to sell you something so they'll stroke your balls until you buy it and you fell for it. I don't have access to a dyno sheet but it is common knowledge that a hot air intake decreases power due to the hot air being sucked in. Hot air is less dense so less fuel is being injected which makes for less power. Next thing you'll say is that throttle body spacers work.

Back