Concerts

Still not the same.
I just wish that the virus scare wasn't so over reacted to.

I bet all of those who have lost loved ones don’t feel it’s over reacted to. My wife’s best friend’s parents were diagnosed. Her dad has luckily overcome the virus, but her mom is barely hanging on. As far as know, she may have passed over night. Over reacting is not a thing when so many are dying. We love concerts, but life is more important!

But life also cannot just stop.
I still do work every day.
Even busted up and in a wheelchair I went out every single day and did something, instead of sitting at home pouting about being almost killed by a stupid prick. We need balance!

You’re right, but being beside someone or several people could or do have the virus is just a potential death wish. I have a friend that is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because he had an accident and is now paralyzed on his left side. He works everyday. I understand not wanting life to stop, but people not taking this virus serious are the ones that are spreading it. Wait till it hits close to home like we are dealing with and I’m sure your thoughts will change. At least I hope it would! Concerts are awesome, my youngest son missing his senior prom and graduation from high schools sucks. We all have issues, but
Whining about not being able to do things right now is absolutely ignorant. Life is more important than hanging out with big crowds of people at this time in the world. That’s just my opinion because the virus has hit close to home and I realize how god awful it is to see a family dealing with the mom on her death bed and she had no underlying health issues before this.

This will be my final post in this thread.
If I do discuss concerts in the future I will start a new concert thread, and hopefully not be personally attacked in it because I like concerts, and am disappointed that despite buying tickets, and making travel arrangements to attend, they are now canceled.
I've cancelled my hotel, the tours I had planned while there, and more.
I would like to think that people would understand my disappointment, but apparently not!!!

It’s not attacking you. It’s just saying stop whining about not being able to go to concerts when people are dying! I like to go to the range and shoot, party with friends, and so on, but that can’t happen right now. Maturity takes over when things like this are going on. Grow up and stop f-ing whining!! Now there’s a personal attack! Remember I have a good friends mom that is on her death bed. I don’t want to hear immature people cry that they can’t go to concerts. I have a big family vacation planned for mid June down in Key West. I have another friend that was stationed over in Bahrain and his family is supposed to fly over there in July. I may not happen now. I care more about people’s lives and kids that have been torn away from their dad and possibly not be able to see him until next year than about my family vacation or concerts. We also had concerts we wanted to go to, but can’t now. We live in the largest military town in the US. Our Patriotic Festival is also cancelled. STOP WHINING AND GROW UP! Live matter, concerts don’t!!!!!

Come on guys, settle down. Sure tensions are getting high, all we hear about 24/7 is Covid19, it affected everyone some how, some more than others. I'm truly sorry for anyone that has the virus, and my prayers go out to them, but life still goes on.

I've been to a few back in the day.

CCR , Bo Diddley, and Tower of Power were the opening bands.
Black Sabbath... the real band with Ozzy.
Deep Purple
Yes about 5 times, girl I was going out with loved them.
Leon Russell
Robin Trower
Lynyrd Skynyrd, the real band before the plane crash.
Allman Brothers Band
Outlaws
Molly Hatchet, saw them at a little bar in Cincinnati
Pure Prairie League
Charlie Daniels
ZZ Top
Flo & Eddie
James Gang
Alice Cooper The Billion Dollar babies Tour

It's late O Clock, and I'm drawing a blank to the rest of them.

Coolest one was the Moody Blues. They played at the The St. Augustine Amphitheatre. I was doing a lot of photography work and scored a media pass.

DSC_0121-X2.jpg

DSC_0149-X2.jpg

DSC_7907-XL.jpg

DSC_8064-XL.jpg

This will be my final post in this thread.
If I do discuss concerts in the future I will start a new concert thread, and hopefully not be personally attacked in it because I like concerts, and am disappointed that despite buying tickets, and making travel arrangements to attend, they are now canceled.
I've cancelled my hotel, the tours I had planned while there, and more.
I would like to think that people would understand my disappointment, but apparently not!!!
BC, i understand the time and effort you put into planning your concert season and how very excited you were to spend it with your new fiancé. your spark did not go unnoticed! i also understand that it must have been difficult for you to have to cancel everything. you have mentioned before about the pain and loss you too have suffered over the years. and the time spent living in the dark places. i know those dark places, and with the grace of God, anytime you can pull yourself out is a huge victory. the things you enjoy doing, faith, and the people you love keep you from going back there. yes, life goes on..and it must. i just wanted you to know that i do understand your disappointment. just as much, if not more, that i understand the agony over watching a mother who is ill and not being able to help her or take her place - and the pain of watching her take her last breath. this virus has affected ALL of us in some way, whether by the sickness itself, or financially, emotionally, mentally - its a major fuccked up deal. but its not the only evil in this world that takes from us. we shouldn't be turning on each other or verbally lashing out on a place that should be fun and friendly. a place where you can feel comfortable expressing yourself without being attacked or attacking others - because we don't know what each of us gone thru. yes, we should very much take this virus serious, yes, people are getting sick and dying. its scary as hell. but people need an outlet to just find some balance in life, especially now. if we really want to be angered by all this, then it should be directed towards the real source. anyways, some of you may think im just some foolish woman and shouldn't even be on here - maybe so. i wanted to join this place to learn about tacoma trucks, to get mine when i finally save up enough money, to meet some fun people, to share, to laugh, to feel good inside. you are a great group of people and i'm very fond of all of you. this weighed heavy on my heart last night, and i just wanted to share. live in the light my friends.

Back