coolant leak

hose on lower firewall pass side near exhaust dripping coolant. not connected to anything. hose in question has a white tape marker on it. having a hard time finding it on diagrams. any input/help appreciated Thx, PhilView attachment 39889

What color is the dripping "coolant".

Also to help the masses.....Please include year, model, engine.......just a bit more info would be helpful.

Thank you. yes it is a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. The drip from that hose hits the frame rail and feels greasy and color is hard to tell. JayQQ97 mentioned Ac evap drain and duh, I never thought of that. I'll run the AC tomorrow as its going to be hot and humid in eastern PA. If its the evap drain I should see a fairly steady drip. If it drips that's probably it but to be safe I'll pressure test the cooling system and check the coolant reservoir for combustion gases. No white goop on the dip stick and the oil is very clean. no telltale smoke from the tailpipe. will pull the pvc valve if it has one as well. just bought the truck so I must have missed the coolant reservoir being below the max line. I did top it off to max and the level is down a bit again but I'll give the once over and we shall see. Thank you much.

Just cosmoline the frame area where it leaks on so it doesn't rust. Better yet do your entire frame with a rust inhibitor, unless you're in some hot state where its dry most the time.

2019 tacoma trd sport 3.5. follow up to my post. ran the ac today on a nice hot humid day and sure enough the hose in question is the evap drain line. Checked for combustibles in the coolant reservoir and no trace found. pressure test at 12 psi and no leak down, coolant level is holding steady. Thanks to all for the tips and input.

Thank you. yes it is a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. The drip from that hose hits the frame rail and feels greasy and color is hard to tell. JayQQ97 mentioned Ac evap drain and duh, I never thought of that. I'll run the AC tomorrow as its going to be hot and humid in eastern PA. If its the evap drain I should see a fairly steady drip. If it drips that's probably it but to be safe I'll pressure test the cooling system and check the coolant reservoir for combustion gases. No white goop on the dip stick and the oil is very clean. no telltale smoke from the tailpipe. will pull the pvc valve if it has one as well. just bought the truck so I must have missed the coolant reservoir being below the max line. I did top it off to max and the level is down a bit again but I'll give the once over and we shall see. Thank you much.
Make sure you check your crossover pipe on the back of the cylinder heads , they have been known to leak on occasion , climb under truck on passenger side and shine a light up above where the trans meets the engine , if you see pink crusty residual , you may have a leaking pipe that’s dripping down onto other areas

Make sure you check your crossover pipe on the back of the cylinder heads , they have been known to leak on occasion , climb under truck on passenger side and shine a light up above where the trans meets the engine , if you see pink crusty residual , you may have a leaking pipe that’s dripping down onto other areas
That does not sound good! Not at all

That does not sound good! Not at all
It's been a past issue with early gen3 3.5 v6's. Supposedly toyota has begun using an improved composite plastic crossover pipe for the 2019 and later engines. I don't understand what the problem is using a metal one like they do for their Lexus 3.5's.

Back